TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Well said, Lance.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Well said, Lance.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-18-2022 01:28 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lance Ware calls out negative fans.

https://www.nationofblue.com/lance-ware-calls-out-negative-fans-for-blaming-uk-players-on-social-media/

Posts: 5405 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
jerseycat
Player
Member # 9

posted 11-18-2022 01:47 PM      Profile for jerseycat   Email jerseycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He got quite a bit of blacklash on those comments, but i don't have a problem with it. The kid works his butt off and plays hard. Yes he makes mistakes, foolish fouls, blows easy layups but he tries. He wants to win. Probably should play fewer minutes. But it is not reason for"fans" to post nasty stuff about the kid.

--------------------
UK Class of 1968

Posts: 1791 | From: Red Bank, NJ | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 11-18-2022 02:44 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He doesn't owe them ANYTHING!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 11-18-2022 05:24 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am more frustrated with Cal than I am an individual player. I know they are giving all they have.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 11-18-2022 07:17 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Agreed Enterprise. My problem isn't with any of the kids, it's with the coach. I was watching the game with my daughter against MSU and I said I really wish Lance would play well because he works hard, seems like a good teammate, and he doesn't seem selfish at all. I'll never have a problem with a player if they are playing hard and seem to be doing what the coach wants. I am hoping his hard work can pay off and he can do what he needs to to help the team be at it's best. Hope the team, and coaches, have a great showing on Sunday. The talent, and pieces, are there to make a deep tournament run. Just hope the coaching is as well.
Posts: 5440 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 11-18-2022 07:32 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wish Cal would teach his centers how to play with their back to the basket, but I bet he doesn't know how. He takes every big guy he gets and tries to make him play like Kevin Durant.
Posts: 10345 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 11-19-2022 11:55 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lance Ware would be an awesome pick and screen setter in a real motion offense (NOT the circle-jerk). Put him on the elbow and play a little pick-and-roll with him. He could be quite successful in such a scheme.

Same for the Big Nigerian guy. Both Ware and he could set some bone-rattling picks, and both could score the easy bucket off the roll a high percentage of the time. Not sure there is a better way to use them (other than the baseline lob to the Big Guy).

Tshiewbe has some back-to-the-basket moves. Love his all-around game on both ends. Collins remains a mystery to me, and Toppin, while an athletic freak, isn't consistent enough and seems to drift off too much.

As to our guards, Wheeler+Reeves+Frederick or even better, Wallace+Reeves+Frederick would pose significant problems for any defense. Would love to see Tshiewbe on the block, Ware setting up pick-and-rolls, and the three guards cutting and moving to get open looks.

A man can dream...

[ 11-19-2022, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13624 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 11-19-2022 05:49 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip, that would be one awesome lineup. I would love to see what that lineup would do.

Cal's rotations just boggle my mind. And after every loss he basically says he forgot something or should've done this other thing. I don't understand how someone can make that much money and admit to making mistake after mistake.

[ 11-19-2022, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: PaulCat ]

Posts: 10345 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 11-19-2022 07:02 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think he takes the blame because he doesn't want to lay it on the players.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 11-19-2022 07:28 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like your idea Tip, and lineup. I glad Cal takes the blame some because it is him. He has to be able to figure out some other offenses to get these guys open looks. We should never really have someone just standing around, which is what we do most of the time. Hoping we see something a little different tomorrow, but I highly doubt it.
Posts: 5440 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 11-20-2022 06:44 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Get rid of social media if u don't want to hear the neg stuff. Quit telling me "since I didnt play at this level" I dont know SH&&.

We havent been doing vey good since 22015 - what in the hell do u "now" rich players expect?

bunch of babies - just play and hey maybe win and shut up!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com