TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » How 'bout those cats?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How 'bout those cats?
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-09-2022 10:48 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Really like how this team has evolved, and the SC game was a perfect example:

Wheeler should shoot/drive only when it is wide open; he has to realize he always has 4 better scorers on the floor than he is. I loved his 11 assists.

Brooks has found his game. That mid-range jumper is a game-changer for this team.

The trio of Wheeler at the point, and Washington, Grady, or Mintz on the outside with Tshiewbe and Brooks (or Ware, or Toppin, or Collins) inside have to be giving opposing coaches fits. We are a handful.

I am impressed with Tshiewbe for his rebounding and soft touch around the basket, but even more surprising is the number of steals he has come up with. He is one pesky defender!

Toppin brings such energy and athleticism to the floor. He is an awesome complement to Tshiewbe and Brooks. Toppin was even sinking some floor shots last night!

This is becoming the team I thought they would become. I hope they keep on improving, and end up bringing home some Kentucky Pride in April.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13595 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 02-09-2022 01:10 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The chemistry on this team is outstanding. They all play for the team and want to win. This is the most exciting UK team I've seen in years.
Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-09-2022 02:22 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This team is far better than I thought it was going to be in December.

I’m starting to really look forward to the tournament.

Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 02-09-2022 03:57 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What I like the most is, is if a certain player isn't playing well, someone else steps up and picks up the slack.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-09-2022 08:53 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
rlt, good point, this team really plays "team" basketball! They are fun to watch....

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186358 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-10-2022 09:31 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like the team concept but not when they all go south at the same time. They need to learn how to stop all these detours that keep them from blowing a game wide open like they have done a few times this year.
Posts: 14129 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 02-10-2022 11:07 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is shaping up to be a really good team that could make a deep run. They are playing really good team defense, and I like how they are moving the ball better on offense, and playing fast, but under control. Wheeler lack of an outside shot concerns me some. We don't need him to shoot much at all, but some team is going to play way off of him and keep him from penetrating, or play way off him and always be in help to cut off drives. I'd like to see how we adjust to that. Ware has been doing a decent job in his minutes, and even Collins can be a help off the bench. I do worry if Oscar is in foul trouble, but if those guys keep improving we should be okay. I still think Hopkins could be a good contributor as well. I also like that Cal maybe is not micromanaging as much and just letting them play, and trusting them. Think we'll get more chances to see what this team is when we play at Tennessee, at Florida, and at Arkansas. I am enjoying watching the games though. Fun basketball and hope it keeps rolling.
Posts: 5424 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com