TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » If Louisville cancels.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If Louisville cancels.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 12-20-2021 09:12 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There has been talk about Louisville canceling Weds game due to Covid concerns. If that happens, it wouldn’t upset me too much if this article is correct.

https://www.catscoverage.com/post/likely-replacement-opponent-if-louisville-cancels-matchup

Posts: 5383 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 12-20-2021 10:42 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Playing Gonzaga would be a real test, but I suspect we would be embarrassed at this point.

Let's wait until the tournament to face them. At least we will be maximally prepared.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13601 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 12-20-2021 12:13 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Game has been canceled. No mention of a replacement game in this article. Possibly reschedule at a later date.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/louisville-kentucky-mens-basketball-game-postponed-due-to-positive-covid-19-tests/article_1648663a-61a7-11ec-8a18-e73b1ce492d3.html

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 12-20-2021 06:30 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It’s Western Kentucky.

https://www.wsaz.com/2021/12/20/uk-mens-basketball-game-vs-louisville-postponed-due-covid-issues/

WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 12-20-2021 09:27 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's great news. Looking forward to this matchup. Go Cats!
Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-20-2021 10:40 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you haven't looked at the WKY roster the big thing is they have a center that is 7-5(Sharp) He plays 25 mpg, has 8 ppg,, 6 blk, 8 RPG. Don't know if he is foul prone. He shoots 69% but makes only 44% at the line. We may find out a little more about Oscar in this one.

Hamilton is a 6-8 F, plays 30 mpg, ave 16 pts, shoots 48%, 68% at the line.

McKnight is a 6-1 G, plays 35 mpg, ave is 14 ppg, 53% shooter, 77% at the line.

Justice is a 6-3 G, plays 27 mpg, ave is 13 ppg, shooting ave is 42%, 80% at the line, 2 3spg

Anderson and Frampton share the wing and they play 29 and 33 mpg respectively. Anderson scores 11ppg, shoots 49% and 74% at the line. Frampton scores 10 ppg, shoots 38% and 80% from the line. He also averages 2 3spg.

They also have a 6-10 center (Miles) who hasn't played yet. He may be injured.

They use mostly an 8 man rotation with Hamilton and Sharp the only ones in the rotation over 6-6. Oscar will lose a few rebounds to Sharp but we still should get more rebounds. If we shoot well we won't have to worry about the rebounds.

Posts: 14137 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 12-21-2021 12:05 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The thing I noticed most is how good they play defense. The 7'5 Sharp reminds me of WCS with all of the alley oops and the way he runs the floor. They have a white guy that shoots the 3 like a layup. If UK plays like they did against unc we should win easy, but if we play like we did against ND it could go either way.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-21-2021 12:10 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I knew I was pretty good, didn't realize I was averaging 16/game.

In reality, if I was 6'8" to go with 290# body I'd be a heckuva position stealer in the post! I'm just 8" short of being awesome! LOL

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123969 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-22-2021 12:11 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Story on social media reads UL practiced last night with 8 scholly players and 3 walk-ons. I guess it takes more than 5 players to play basketball.

What it really says is Mack has absolutely no confidence in some of his players to face KY! I'm sure that builds up team morral.

How do you practice with covid and not play with it. I knew the moment our game with UNC was over UL would cry Covid, we can't play. Now if UNC had beaten us by the amount we beat them they would have played us if they only had 1 substitute on the bench!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 12-22-2021 02:43 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by m hamilton:
I'm just 8" short of being awesome! LOL

That's what she said. [Big Grin]
Posts: 10330 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-22-2021 05:47 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, you didn't have to go there, PC! [Big Grin]

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com