TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Juzang!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Juzang!
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-31-2021 07:53 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Johnny Juzang and UCLA are in the final four. Wow. Juzang scored 28 of UCLA's 51 points last night.

By the way, I didn't even know there were games on last night. The NCAA really screwed things up with this years tournament schedule.

Posts: 10350 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 03-31-2021 12:30 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was rooting for Juzang. I don't want UCLA to win 12,but I'm hoping he plays well.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9831 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
1 Catlanta Fan
Player
Member # 1526

posted 03-31-2021 12:31 PM      Profile for 1 Catlanta Fan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So was it he didn't get enough playing time or was it the coaching at Ky?
Posts: 141 | From: Huntsville, AL | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-31-2021 12:40 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Probably a little of both. He seemed to be one of those players that were on Cal's short leash. One mistake and back to the bench.
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-31-2021 01:08 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal posted that he wants UCLA to win it all, because, you know, the success of an ex-UK player is more important to him than championships for his employer.

If UCLA gets 12, Cal needs to apologize to BBN. This is RIDICULOUS.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13633 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-31-2021 01:28 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If I was Cal I would definitely be keeping my mouth shut about UCLA. A kid he couldn't coach leaves and takes his new team to a Final Four - if that ain't a slap in the face to Calipari then I don't know what is. Cal should feel like a fool over that whole situation.
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 04-01-2021 11:27 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For all we know Allen could be a Juzang. Juzang wasn't seen as an important piece for Cal, and he wasn't given the time he probably deserved. He wasn't supposed to be a great defender. Not saying he should have started, but it's obvious the guy can play, and shoot. I know he left more because of family, it seems, but he should have definitely been used more in his year here. Maybe if he played more, and felt Cal wasn't going to sit him in preference of the latest 5 star he would have stayed. Probably, and rightly so, thought he wasn't going to get a chance to play. And he would be right. If he had stayed he would have wasted away this year on the bench behind Boston. Cal just doesn't value these shooters, and doesn't realize a guy can make up for his lack of "athleticism" if he is a smart player.
Posts: 5446 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-01-2021 03:01 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm finding out Cal doesn't know jack---- about players. If he would have shown a little more interest in a player that far away he might not have been so homesick. I hope he can get a roster that can score points this year. It seems like we are supposed to have some great scorers every year but in most years they don't prove out. Hope next season is better.
Posts: 14207 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com