TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Puke could be in trouble

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Puke could be in trouble
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 05-10-2020 04:16 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Zion Williamson Had Illegal Benefits.

Link

Posts: 1495 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 05-10-2020 04:51 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This could get interesting … bit I will believe it when I see k on the witness stand under oath !!!

MEL

Posts: 2793 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-11-2020 06:26 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Some how some way Duke will end up with a slap on the wrist, a small one at that.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 05-12-2020 02:43 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nothing to see here, let's move on, is the way ESPN will handle this.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
country cat
Player
Member # 1774

posted 05-12-2020 03:39 PM      Profile for country cat   Email country cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
nothing will ever happen

--------------------
american by birth-----wildcat by choice --- if you not the lead cat---your view never changes

Posts: 1023 | From: breathitt co-----lost in eldorado | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 05-13-2020 07:43 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nothing happened when Corey Maggette admitted to taking money from an agent, I believe, and nothing will happen here. It's Duke, and for whatever reason, the same standards of the NCAA and media does not apply to them as to other schools. It makes me sick that absolutely nothing will come of this. For once I would just like the media to have to admit that K is not this squeaky clean coach, and that he has knowingly allowed rules to be broken.
Posts: 5424 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 05-13-2020 08:37 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Disclaimer: I can't believe i'm gonna defend DOOK.

I'm not saying Dook did or did not commit any violations, but if they had, there's no way in hell they're gonna let it track directly to them. It's also my belief that coaches such as coach K don't need to lure kids to play there, same as coach Cal, Roy and others. I'm actually very shocked that Bill Self had to go that route. I thought he was established enough that he didn't have to do that stuff, but I believe he's gonna get hammered. I'm also one who believes Pitino knew nothing about the Bowen incident. Guys like Pitino don't have to do that - they can get top-ranked kids without committing level 1 violations.

But then again, maybe i'm just naive. [Wink]

Posts: 10324 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 05-13-2020 01:16 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree they will get off just like Hillary with Benghazi. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1495 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 05-13-2020 02:31 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PaulCat - you may be entirely right as I have no inside knowledge.

However, when we are talking about multi million dollar contracts I believe coaches will break any rule to ensure they are set for life. Any div 1 coach is caught and fired now days ALL or millionaires and most have multi yr contacts based on how they do in the season and playoffs. If cheating and buying helps them achieve their goals then they will do it.

The established ones, like you mentioned, all have huge egos and still want to win at any cost. Probably even our own coach.

Either they buy the players or the shoe companies do like Zion. Coaches hands are free, but I bet they know about all of it!!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com