TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » UT game looking like a good one! (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: UT game looking like a good one!
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-16-2019 05:27 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ukman, that one was on Nick. He was all the freakin' way across the court from his man.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13629 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-16-2019 05:27 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can't believe what is happening!

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186362 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-16-2019 05:27 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No composure down the stretch. We need to get the ball to PJ inside on Williams.
Posts: 5444 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-16-2019 05:27 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PJ follows his shot and puts UK up by 1

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-16-2019 05:27 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Washington scores for the lead!

--------------------

Posts: 186362 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-16-2019 05:28 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Should've been 5 on Williams. More contact there than on Travis
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-16-2019 05:28 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
38 seconds to play, UT ball, UK up by 1.

--------------------
Tiptree

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-16-2019 05:28 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Timeout? Look like Keldon has his hand on the ball

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11576 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-16-2019 05:29 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
38 seconds to go, up by one and UT with the ball after the time-out!

--------------------

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-16-2019 05:29 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He came completely down with both arms. Refs suck.
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-16-2019 05:29 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is a rebound Travis would have had

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-16-2019 05:30 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Come on D. One more stop here!
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-16-2019 05:30 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UT takes their last time-out. We must get a stop this possession!

--------------------
Tiptree

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-16-2019 05:30 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They hit a 3 and are own2!

--------------------

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-16-2019 05:31 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PJ fouled at least three times. No call

--------------------

redbone

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-16-2019 05:31 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No freaking contact on that play, huh? Unfreaking believable. How do you not make that call
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-16-2019 05:31 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We miss and it looks like we are going to get beat! Ouch

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-16-2019 05:31 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They called a foul on Hagans? UT player plowed him over!!!!!!

--------------------
Tiptree

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-16-2019 05:32 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He was held before he even caught the ball. They gave that to Williams three times today.

Oh well.

Give UK the #2 seed in the West now

--------------------

redbone

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-16-2019 05:33 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiptree:
They called a foul on Hagans? UT player plowed him over!!!!!!

Yep

--------------------

redbone

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-16-2019 05:33 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Down by 3 with 11 seconds to go, doesn't look good! They scored on 6 straight possession.

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-16-2019 05:34 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am sad that we lost. Very, very bad officiating.

This leaves a bad taste in my mouth. No SEC regular-season title, no SEC title, and now we almost certainly lost our number one seed.

--------------------
Tiptree

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-16-2019 05:34 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's obvious they were not going to let the SEC player of the year get fouled out. Shouldn't be a double standard. If they called fouls on him like they did Travis he would have been out a long time ago. BS, BS, BS!!!!
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-16-2019 05:34 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
80-78 down by 2 with 4 seconds to go and the have the ball!

--------------------

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-16-2019 05:35 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal does himself no favors by go nuts at the refs all the time. It shouldn't matter, but it does. He will never get the benefit of the doubt on a call.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-16-2019 05:36 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
2.4 second to go and they are at the line! Game over they are up by 4!

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-16-2019 05:37 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tennessee won on great execution over the last two minutes. They got a lot of help from the refs too.

--------------------
Tiptree

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-16-2019 05:37 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One of the worst losses I have ever seen by UK! Ouch!

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-16-2019 05:38 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We can't say there were questionable calls. There was no question about how bogus they were.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36274 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-16-2019 05:38 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Barnes made some great coaching moves and we weren't prepared. They went zone and we didn't know what to do, they bring the press on and we weren't ready. I've said a million times that it pays off to switch things up every now and then. It keeps a team from getting comfortable, and that's what won them the game. Oh yeah, and the BS non calls down the stretch hurt a lot too.
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-16-2019 05:40 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No way we should have lost this game. Now the tournament committee will put us down at a 3 seed in Dukes bracket for sure.
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-16-2019 05:41 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tenn ends up shooting nearly 50% from 3.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-16-2019 05:41 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I almost never complain about the refs but that was ridiculous!

Did Herro play today? Wait, I remember now that he was in, he turned it over near the end of the game.

Posts: 5413 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-16-2019 05:42 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think that a close loss to a former number 1 ranked team will drop us to a 3-seed. But it would be a HUGE surprise if we don't get bumped to a 2-seed.

--------------------
Tiptree

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-16-2019 05:43 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We lost by one or more of 3 ways.

1. We choked with an 8 pt lead with about 2:30 to go.
2. The refs were bought and paid for.

3. TN decided to play hard the last 2 min utes and we stopped guarding the 3.

.............and was said above, we probably will get a 2 seed and go to the west.

And that last call gave the refs intentions away. If they could call that foul on us when we were standing there and the guy just ran over us like a dump truck????

FIX, FIX, FIX, FIX!!!!! [Mad]

[ 03-16-2019, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Posts: 14191 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-16-2019 05:43 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Handy, you are correct. Herro was a net negative in the second half, after playing a stellar first half.

--------------------
Tiptree

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-16-2019 05:49 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We will be a two, but we will now be a lower two. I would have been fine being the 2 and going to Louisville. Maybe that will still happen, but I know in my heart we will get screwed and we will end up with the absolute toughest road to the finals. No doubt in my mind.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-16-2019 05:50 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wE STILL, AT THE END OF THE YEAR, DON'T KNOW WHAT 40 MINUTES OF BB MEANS. wE WERE SO CLOSE WITH THAT 8 PT LEAD WITH 2:30 LEFT. i TOLD MY WIFE WE NEEDED TO GET IT UP TO 12 AND IT WOULD BE OVER. GUESS THEY DIDN'T HEAR ME. aS cAL WOULD SAY "ANOTHER LESSON LEARNED". iS THERE ANY TIME LEFT TO LEARN ANOTHER LESSON THIS YEAR?
Posts: 14191 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-16-2019 05:52 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Williams gets called on one of the fouls he committed on PJ in the last 2 minutes, we win the game. And let's not forget the bogus technical that got them 2 points as well.
Despite all that, we lost this game because we didn't take care of the ball down the stretch. Too many poor offensive possessions, and too many turnovers. This just really, really sucks.

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-16-2019 05:53 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Next time we learn a lesson it will be the end of the season.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com