TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Not basketball

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not basketball
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-21-2019 12:05 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Even though this has nothing to do with BB I wanted to place it where all the TCD regulars could see it. I was notifiedI was picked to go on the Honor Flight from KY to DC on 27 April to see all the military memorials in DC. One day trip, report to LEX at 6:00AM and get back at 9:00PM. I have been there before but it was before the Air Force Memorial was built. I have been wanting to see it ever since it was built and now I will be doing that. I went on the wait list in October and was already picked so soon because I am an old guy, coming up on 78 on 8 March. I know there are a few older guys on here such as "Old Norm" but I'm in the greneral neighborhood now. Can't wait! My 59 year old daughter, a nurse, will also be going as my guardian.
Posts: 14124 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-21-2019 12:11 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Bama - that is truly an honor to be picked to go on the honor flight... Have fun and pay homage to our fellow military hero's who gave their all defending our proud nation..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-21-2019 12:27 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well deserved. I know you will be moved by this experience. We all expect a "trip report".

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13595 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-21-2019 01:06 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Congrats Bama! Enjoy yourself and take pride in your service even if it was only in the Air Force. 😉 Settle down Norm! I'm only taking a friendly dig at my Air Force brothers.
Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 02-21-2019 01:14 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
awesome, congrats!

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-21-2019 01:47 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Only the best can qualify for the Air Force!!!!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-21-2019 01:52 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Amen Norm, we know we have three air force vets here, you, Bama and myself. I am between you and Bama age wise. I lived in the DC area for 34 years and my kids and grandkids still live up there so I can go see the sights anytime i want. Happy to see you chosen for this honor Bama, and believe you me, it is an HONOR. Enjoy your trip.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-21-2019 01:57 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Didn't know you was in the Air Force SCWC as I've never seen that mentioned on here. I understand why you would keep something like that quite. You're out of the closet now.😉

[ 02-21-2019, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 02-21-2019 03:31 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Bama, I hope you have a great time.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-21-2019 07:49 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Congrats!

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11534 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 02-21-2019 08:45 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bama Cat:
Even though this has nothing to do with BB I wanted to place it where all the TCD regulars could see it. I was notifiedI was picked to go on the Honor Flight from KY to DC on 27 April to see all the military memorials in DC. One day trip, report to LEX at 6:00AM and get back at 9:00PM. I have been there before but it was before the Air Force Memorial was built. I have been wanting to see it ever since it was built and now I will be doing that. I went on the wait list in October and was already picked so soon because I am an old guy, coming up on 78 on 8 March. I know there are a few older guys on here such as "Old Norm" but I'm in the greneral neighborhood now. Can't wait! My 59 year old daughter, a nurse, will also be going as my guardian.

Absolutely awesome Bama!

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 836 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 02-22-2019 06:00 AM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What an honor, Bama Cat. Several veterans from our area (Fort Rucker) have enjoyed this trip. Have a great time and thank you for your service.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-22-2019 06:10 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Enjoy your trip! You've earned it!!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123963 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-22-2019 10:23 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks to all for the comments. Been to DC several times before with my job with civil service (Ft. Belvoir) and a couple when my wife was on the county Farm Bureau Board. We even walked to the wall from the Holiday Inn once in the snow. They wanted a fortune by taxi just to go several blocks. I have 19 men on the wall who were in our group and were killed in 3 different incidents. One group of 12 radar techs were killed at LS85 (check it on the web) in Laos March 1968 on a secret attack from NVA just a dozen miles from North Vietnam. A CMSgt Etchberger was killed after he rescued 3 wounded into a helicopter. His AF Cross was upgraded by congress in 2010 and awarded on TV by President Obama. Thankfully, I wasn't picked to man that location. Spent a few days in Saigon but was stationed in Thailand both times I went over.

[ 02-22-2019, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Posts: 14124 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Naskats
Player
Member # 1904

posted 02-23-2019 12:12 AM      Profile for Naskats   Email Naskats   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would like to say thanks to all of you that served, my step father was a WWII vet and I've always thought your group was one of the greatest groups in history.

--------------------
Whatever you are be a good one

Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1204 | From: Hagerstown, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-23-2019 03:39 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have yet to go to DC. Planning on it in the next couple of years!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123963 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com