TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Seth Davis drops the Cats out of his top 25

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Seth Davis drops the Cats out of his top 25
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-20-2017 02:34 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He doesn't have the brains that God gave a duck.

If you follow college basketball, you probably know who Seth Davis is.

The CBS commentator, who is now a reporter for The Athletic, is also a voter for the weekly AP Top 25 Poll.

If you’ve been following the AP Poll this season, you’ve probably seen a consistent theme of the Kentucky Wildcats getting very little respect.

A lot of it has been Kentucky continuing to drop in the polls, despite their seven-game winning streak. Apparently, Davis is a big culprit of that.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 12-20-2017 04:42 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The funny thing is that other than maybe Arizona State, there's not one team in college basketball that is turning heads. Dook loses, Kansas has a couple losses, Wichita State gets punked by Oklahoma. And besides all this, Seth Davis is a turd.
Posts: 10348 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 12-21-2017 07:36 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UNC lost last night to wofford. That idiot Davis will probably move them up in the polls.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9801 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 12-21-2017 08:46 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And that game was in Chapel Hill!

GOTTA LOVE IT!!!

Cold Spring Cat
Player
Member # 14751

posted 12-21-2017 09:03 AM      Profile for Cold Spring Cat   Email Cold Spring Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Davis tries to come across smarter than he really is - did it on CBS too. Fact is, he is a Duke blowhard and an average writer at best.

I learned long ago not to take anything he says to heart, even when he occasionally praised the Cats. Normally if he did, it was a curse.

Posts: 140 | From: Cold Spring, KY | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-21-2017 10:45 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Davis is dumb as a rock, always has been always will be.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-21-2017 12:00 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He needs to be black balled by all the media outlets and let him see who is #1 then!! [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

I hope we knock the crap out of UCLA and Louisville. Then we'll see how far he can knock us down.

[ 12-21-2017, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Posts: 14178 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 12-21-2017 12:31 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Who wants to talk about Davis? I would rather talk about North Carolina losing at home to Warford and the tarheels had a lopsided advantage in foul shooting opportunities, so it wasn't like the refs took the games from them, they just got beat by a nobody on their home floor.

[ 12-21-2017, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-21-2017 02:03 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The North Carolina loss:

The Tar Heels’ three freshmen centers, Garrison Brooks, Sterling Manley and Brandon Huffman produced a combined 14 points and nine rebounds in 33 minutes.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-21-2017 03:30 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It wasn't a surprise upset at the end of the game either. UNC trailed by as many as 14 points with over 9 minutes to play in the game. As said above. UNC took almost 4 times as many free throws as Wofford. I guess the refs felt UNC needed a little help!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123992 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 12-21-2017 10:28 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I bet ol'roy was brought to tears.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9801 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-22-2017 04:55 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Doesn't take much to get old Roy's tears a flowing.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-23-2017 02:02 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Roy is going to blame it on the fact that his boys had to take final exams for the 1st time in the past 2 decades!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123992 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 12-23-2017 06:07 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looks like Seth knows what he's talking about. This team is terrible.
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 12-23-2017 06:12 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't say we are terrible, but we are not a top 15, maybe not top 20 team. If they can play hard like the last 4 minutes we could be very good. If we are the team that gave up 22 second chance points, then we are very bad.
Posts: 5441 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 12-23-2017 06:32 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UCLA were trying to run out the clock the last 4 minutes, that is why our defense looked effective during that period.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 12-23-2017 06:37 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe, but we stayed in front better, closed out better, and rebounded better. Once we got it close I didn't see them just running clock. To me it looked more like we disrupted their offense and played better. I will choose to think it was our defense and hang some hope on that.
Posts: 5441 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 12-23-2017 07:58 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UCLA almost shot themselves in the foot by trying to stall when they built the double-digit lead. Once we cut the lead to four points, they made us look bad again by getting easy shots and offensive rebounds. No way we should've lost to those chumps.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-24-2017 10:55 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We have a lot of potential and would bet Cal will get this team playing up to it's full potential in the near future.

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 12-24-2017 01:37 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am yet to see that great potential we were supposed to have this year. Cal has recruited the best of what he could get but this appears to be an off season for great freshman talent in the college game. This team just does not seem to possess a high basketball IQ and 11 games into the season are still playing like high school kids rather than college freshmen.

Last year we had three NBA lottery picks, I see none on this year's roster.

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wildcat Bill
Player
Member # 615

posted 12-24-2017 04:23 PM      Profile for Wildcat Bill     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I also do not see a high basketball IQ from this team. Since they have been practicing since October and have played 11 games plus exhibition games, it would seem that some things should have sunk in, but have not.

The root of our problems so far are defensive, as I see it. We can't stay in front of players, and when they get by the initial defender, the go straight to the rim for baskets. No help and little if any rim protection. Covering known good shooters is also an issue. How many times did Welch get open looks? And he is known as a mid range and beyond shooter.

The most disturbing thing, to me, yesterday was getting beat to 50-50 balls and allowing offensive rebounds. Those are effort plays and UCLA simply out efforted us there.

This may be more like the 2013-2014 team, the one that only started to jell at tournament time. I would hope that an earlier epiphany would occur, but it's hard to see one. Also, the SEC may be more of a shock to us than normal, since we have played only 3 power 6 schools so far, and none of them (Kansas, Virginia Tech, UCLA) look to be especially good this year, and some of the SEC schools like Tennessee, Texas A&M, and possibly Alabama and Florida could be as good as any of those.

I'm guardedly optimistic about this years team, but only if they start listening to Cal and quit playing like they're still playing AAU ball.

[ 12-24-2017, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: Wildcat Bill ]

Posts: 1070 | From: Evansville, IN, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 12-24-2017 05:49 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
the 3 good ones went to duke, texas and okla. imo

[ 12-24-2017, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-25-2017 12:26 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Again, this year lost the sure thing guard that he recruited all year. We were supposed to have a lock on him until he suddenly decided to stay at home. He could have made a fifference in this team.
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 12-25-2017 08:05 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Didn't he commit to Oklahoma AFTER Green and Gilgeous-Alexander committed to Kentucky, leaving him no choice?
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-25-2017 10:17 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes. But by then it was already a conclusion that Cal didn't need him. So we thought. It's good to have the power of positive thinking but neither one will be the player OK got. He can handle the PG position much better.
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 12-26-2017 09:56 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am guessing here, but I think the kid was a strong UK lean, but was holding off an pulling the trigger. I would think UK didn't want to get caught without a PG, so they got Green. Can't be scrambling at the last second.

When Cal won the championship he had a PG that should have stayed another year, all the top guards thought so as well and Cal did not have a top PG coming in. UK ended up short on talent, because the kid went pro. The kid made a mistake, by the way.

Green has had very good games. I am not giving up on him. This is no the same as the year after the UK championship. Green is much better. He has to be more consistent and have a solid effort at the point every game.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com