TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Diallo named SEC freshman of the week

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Diallo named SEC freshman of the week
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-20-2017 01:50 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
University of Kentucky guard Hamidou Diallo was named the Southeastern Conference Player of the Week. Diallo had an outstanding performance Saturday against a high-octane Virginia Tech team. Diallo’s 20 points and clutch shooting were instrumental in helping the Wildcats defeat the Hokies 93-86.

Diallo’s last four games have produced amazing results. He has scored at least 19 points in that stretch and shot almost 42% from downtown. Diallo was averaging 11.8 points per game and 38% from beyond the arc in the first 6 games of the season. He exploded with 19 points against Illinois-Chicago and hasn’t looked back. For the season, Diallo is averaging 15.2 points per game, 4.7 rebounds and 2.3 assists.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 12-20-2017 02:08 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Are they any "not so high on Diallo" Cat fans around anymore, or have they all been converted.

For the record, I was a Diallo fan from the jump.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-20-2017 02:14 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The good thing he looks to get better by the game.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 12-20-2017 02:34 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It is an even better thing that he has worked so hard (and so successfully) on his jump shot!

Never doubted that he was a freak athlete, and had the potential to be a disruptive defender, but I was pretty sure he was only going to be a slasher. But wow! He sure has a sweet stroke now!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 12-20-2017 05:48 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can't coach a 48" vertical leap. You either have it or you don't.

Knox and Diallo are a good 1-2 punch.

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 12-21-2017 07:34 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought before the season started that he'd be a selfish player.I was wrong. He's the type player that makes other players better. One can only wonder how last season would have ended if he would have played.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9802 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Cold Spring Cat
Player
Member # 14751

posted 12-21-2017 09:04 AM      Profile for Cold Spring Cat   Email Cold Spring Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I actually thought Quade Green played very well against VT and should have received consideration. Green ran the offense well and scored when needed. Played a good defensive game too.
Posts: 140 | From: Cold Spring, KY | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 12-21-2017 09:53 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Diallo is definitely a different player right now than at the beginning of the season. He is listening to the coaches, and like Tip said, it doesn't hurt that he's knocking down jumpers. He'll probably be a streaky shooter this year, but in the games where he's on he's probably impossible to guard. I think the only person that can stop Diallo is himself.
Posts: 10348 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-21-2017 10:43 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm just glad Diallo is a Cat!

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 12-23-2017 01:34 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cold Spring Cat:
I actually thought Quade Green played very well against VT and should have received consideration. Green ran the offense well and scored when needed. Played a good defensive game too.

I was very impressed by Mr. Green as well in that game. Not saying it was the shades, but if the shades make a difference, I say keep wearing them the rest of the season.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com