TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » WSU game - Refs (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: WSU game - Refs
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-19-2017 03:05 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess the lower body checking is going to be allowed today. Fox bumped on both of his drives to the basket and Willis hip checked on the rebound.

Kentucky will need to adjust.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11534 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
rupps runt65
Player
Member # 1286

posted 03-19-2017 03:11 PM      Profile for rupps runt65   Email rupps runt65   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Monk needs to get going
Posts: 860 | From: jacksonville, fl. u.s.a. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-19-2017 03:12 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
refs let two fouls go against UK and missed a goal tend by a U.K. Player 2 no calls against the cats and one no call for U.K. So far.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-19-2017 03:19 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
refs let two fouls go against UK and missed a goal tend by a U.K. Player 2 no calls against the cats and one no call for U.K. So far.
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-19-2017 03:20 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cats missing wide open shots.
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-19-2017 03:20 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No inside game, too many three point shots taken.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
rupps runt65
Player
Member # 1286

posted 03-19-2017 03:21 PM      Profile for rupps runt65   Email rupps runt65   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My goodness this is like pulling teeth, why did we go with Humphries for so long? Bam only has one foul...Man I just don't get it

[ 03-19-2017, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: rupps runt65 ]

Posts: 860 | From: jacksonville, fl. u.s.a. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-19-2017 03:21 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We have three on two and Mulder pulls up for a missed three point shot, not good decisions being made right now.
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-19-2017 03:22 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
boom,

I was not complaining about the refs. Just stating what what contact they will allow. I think it is fine, but as a driver to the basket you better be ready for the contact.

I thought Cal should have called a timeout without about 8:30 minutes when UK had the ball to get the starters back in. I think they just gave away 3 minutes of action.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

rupps runt65
Player
Member # 1286

posted 03-19-2017 03:24 PM      Profile for rupps runt65   Email rupps runt65   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Inside to Bam... That's how we'll get going
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-19-2017 03:24 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Trey, I too like the way they are letting them play, this team are very physical and are out rebounding us 17 to 13 right now. We need to man up and play physical to stay in this game.
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-19-2017 03:29 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Get Gabriel's ass OUT of the game!!!!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36266 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
rupps runt65
Player
Member # 1286

posted 03-19-2017 03:31 PM      Profile for rupps runt65   Email rupps runt65   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My goodness Norm I'm literally screaming that right now
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-19-2017 03:31 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nothing from the 4 spot of Willis or Gabriel today, makes it easy to double on Bam down low.
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-19-2017 03:32 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll just never understand why Gabriel sees the floor. How bad is Killeya-Jones if he can't get on the floor when Gabriel does?

[ 03-19-2017, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------

redbone

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-19-2017 03:32 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They are leading in rebounding 20 to 16.
rupps runt65
Player
Member # 1286

posted 03-19-2017 03:33 PM      Profile for rupps runt65   Email rupps runt65   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is ugly, we've let them dictate the game. No full court press...Nothin, better mix it up and speed up the pace...This is painfully boring
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-19-2017 03:33 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I feel like you do Trey, he is not doing much for this team, especially today and all the games late in the season. He would not see much playing time if I were making the decisions.
rupps runt65
Player
Member # 1286

posted 03-19-2017 03:38 PM      Profile for rupps runt65   Email rupps runt65   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gabriel should not see the floor again...period
rupps runt65
Player
Member # 1286

posted 03-19-2017 03:40 PM      Profile for rupps runt65   Email rupps runt65   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Playin right in their hands, I'd like to see a press
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-19-2017 03:40 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ref's are letting them play, 3 fouls on WS and 4 on us. Morris owned the paint in the first half.
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-19-2017 03:41 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The refs sure are letting them play. They are not only NOT from the SEC, they never HEARD of the SEC!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36266 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-19-2017 03:41 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fox gets smacked across his head going to the basket and no call. Cats can't score at the buzzer. If I were Cal, I would put the New Zealand kid in and have him rough up some of their guys if the refs are going to let that crap go.
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-19-2017 03:42 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hopefully, the refs stay consistent in the second half on not calling it close. I hate it when they call it one way the first half and completely different the second.

Fox definitely got wiped out with the lower body on the final drive, but I'm fine with that since they didn't call that foul all half.

You have to adjust as a player. I would have rather had the ball in Monk's hand to end the half just to get him another shot even if he didn't make it.

[ 03-19-2017, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------

redbone

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-19-2017 03:44 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fox gets smacked across his head going to the basket and no call. Cats can't score at the buzzer. If I were Cal, I would put the New Zealand kid in and have him rough up some of their guys if the refs are going to let that crap go.
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-19-2017 03:45 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Clark Kellogg and Kenny Anderson sure are rooting for Wichita State, obvious from their half time comments.
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-19-2017 03:46 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bam, the way they are calling this game, Wynward is the type of player we need with Bam down low. He can play this physical type game with them. Let him smack big Morris around a little bit and see how he can take it.

[ 03-19-2017, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

rupps runt65
Player
Member # 1286

posted 03-19-2017 03:46 PM      Profile for rupps runt65   Email rupps runt65   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Need to come out and just start pressing and having some urgency, I don't see any. Play our game, not theirs
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-19-2017 03:48 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kenny Anderson is a Tar Heel. I think. Kellog is a Buckeyes. UK killed his Alma mater when they were a 1 seed. I bet the cereal man would love to see UK go down.
rupps runt65
Player
Member # 1286

posted 03-19-2017 03:50 PM      Profile for rupps runt65   Email rupps runt65   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like Kellogg, he's pretty fair, and their right! Kentucky is playing right in their hands. Let's step it up!
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-19-2017 03:53 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On the positive side I am very happy to have the lead. We played exactly to their style, we missed 4 layups, and we have not shot the ball well at all, or taken good shots, and absolutely no trying to get the ball inside. I am happy to not be down by 10. Overall our defense was good. On the negative side, Cal has to make some adjustments int he game and mix things a little. I am not really sure why Bam, Monk, and Fox all sat more than normal, at least it seemed to me. I am glad the refs aren't calling everything tight, and hope it stays that way. They have more depth than us. We just have to adjust and play tough basketball. I would like to see some cross screens with a guard setting a pick for Bam to get position, and then get him the ball inside. We also need to start looking to kick it out instead of the lob. They are all crashing in as the ball drives to the basket and shooters will be open. We are just going to have to make them. This will be tight all the way to the end. Sure hope we don't see another 2 go down until the Puke game.
Posts: 5424 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-19-2017 03:56 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
FYI. Gabriel has taken the 2nd most shots in the game. Behind Fox who the refs allow to get mugged going to the basket
rupps runt65
Player
Member # 1286

posted 03-19-2017 03:57 PM      Profile for rupps runt65   Email rupps runt65   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think the refs will tighten it up this second half. And if they don't, even more reason to press and hack, if it's not being called!
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-19-2017 03:57 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rupps runt65:
I like Kellogg, he's pretty fair, and their right! Kentucky is playing right in their hands. Let's step it up!

I completely disagree. WSU is an uptempo team and an excellent offensive team. Marshall is screaming at his team to play faster.

UK is a slightly better grind it out team than WSU, just for the simple fact that they have been in these types of games all season long or at least since Mid-December. WSU won by an average of 20 points per game in the Missouri Valley. They didn't have many "grind it out" games.

I'm not sure where those bozo's do their research, but this little thing called the Internet has this information readily available. LOL.

--------------------

redbone

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-19-2017 03:58 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The shots Gabriel took were good shots. He just has no confidence now. Willis needs to look to take those shots, and one of the two are going to have to make some of those if we are going to win. They are going to do their best to take Monk, Fox, and Bam away. Hawkins played great, and Mulder hit a 3, now we need Willis to step up and be the senior leader like Miller few years back. Hope he is up tot he challenge.
Posts: 5424 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
rupps runt65
Player
Member # 1286

posted 03-19-2017 03:59 PM      Profile for rupps runt65   Email rupps runt65   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry Trey, but I think this team can run with anyone...
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-19-2017 04:15 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wichita State average 81 pts per game, they do like up tempo also.
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-19-2017 04:16 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We now have a total of 3 pts from the 4 position thanks to that three point shot by Willis.
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-19-2017 04:20 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
4 for 8 free throw shooting, need to do better than that to win this game.
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-19-2017 04:30 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is definitely a grind it out type of game. At least Willis has gotten involved offensively, thank goodness. No player for us is in double digit scoring as of yet.

[ 03-19-2017, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com