TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » This is what we got.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This is what we got.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-18-2017 12:47 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I finally reached the end of my rope tonight. I still want to see them win 5 more games but my mind tells me they can't do that. This team is what it is and I don't expect any more through the end of the season. This crap of playing for part of the game and then trying to coast in at the end is what this team is and I am not expecting them to put any more games away. Monk has either completely lost his shot, or maybe he never had it. Fox is so error prone it's not funny. Briscoe can't make much more than a layup, sometimes. Gabriel has completely deteriorated and can't seem to help at all when he gets on the floor. Can we really give Wichita a close game Sunday? Don't count on it. If we make it past there I will be waiting for UCLA to completely embarass us, again. It may seem I'm down on this team bad but after so many identical games I can't help it. Anymore I just can't say a win is a win no matter what. The way it stands right now I could see everyone of our players leaving at the end of the season......even Diallo could change his mind. Can anyone tell one player that in your mind is a definite lock to return? All I can say is Ruby may have been sweating a lot just before midnight tonight over his million dollar bet. I have got to quit worrying about the outcome of these games and relax before I have the big one. Good luck Cal!
Posts: 14169 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-18-2017 01:14 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wichita State doesn't scare me. This team will be ready.
Posts: 10345 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-18-2017 07:52 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wichita State do scare me. If we play like we played against NoKy last night, the tournament will be over for us early again this year. Bad time of the season for Monk to have lost his scoring abilities.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-18-2017 08:15 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bama Cat:
Can anyone tell one player that in your mind is a definite lock to return?

Brad Calipari

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
rupps runt65
Player
Member # 1286

posted 03-18-2017 08:54 AM      Profile for rupps runt65   Email rupps runt65   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As disappointing a win as I can remember. Up 18 and let them whiddle it down to 7 and have to sweat it out because of lazy defense. Reminded me of the LSU game. This post is correct...They are who they are. I have some questions. Why did Dom not play much in the second half? Why did we stop pressing? Why does Gabriel even enter the game anymore, someone on that bench has to be better than him. This team puzzles me but I truly do not expect them to get past UCLA IF they are lucky enough to beat Wichita St. I'm hoping the start time of that game had something to do with it.
Posts: 860 | From: jacksonville, fl. u.s.a. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-18-2017 09:03 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wichita State scared me before seeing that poor performance last night.

Good one Trey.

Posts: 5407 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-18-2017 09:48 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry Trey, I had forgotten Brad. I hate to say that we are spoiled by the results of a couple great teams. Just because we get so many All Americans doesn't mean we will be a great team every year and beat teams by 20 points or more every time. I know I expect it but must realize it's not going to happen every year. So we are 30-5 and could have been 35-0. But with the way this team plays and the stats we put up we don't deserve to be 35-0.

The pattern of let down at the end of games is something this group will have to live with for the rest of their lives. When you want to be remembered as a great team it takes a tremendous effort 100% of the time. Even All Americans have to do this all the time.

I just hope we can play close enough to 100% to continue into next week.

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-18-2017 09:53 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Vegas has UK -2 over Wichita. My gut says we win by 10 or more.
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-18-2017 10:39 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Las Vegas insider has the current spread at 4 points, opened at 3.5 and betting on Ky took it up to 4 already. All we can do is hope that the good Ky team shows up to play tomorrow.

We now have a 12 game winning streak going and Wichita State have a 16 game winning streak going, the last time we met them they had a 34 game undefeated winning streak going, let's hope we can have a repeat of that game.

[ 03-18-2017, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-18-2017 11:56 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
BC,

I'm not sure why you act as though this team is terrible. They are now 30-5. They are in the Top 15 in adjusted offensive and defensive efficiency in the Country. They have an offensive rebounding rate above 30%.

The National Media has dismissed them because they say the SEC was a terrible conference. Well, the SEC just went 4-1 in the First Round of the Tournament and if not for a mental mistake by Vandy in the last 15 seconds they very well could be 5-0.

The mighty ACC went 5-4. [Roll Eyes] I hope Florida kicks the living hell out of UVA today and I think USC has a legit shot to knock off Duke tomorrow. I'll actually probably root for UNC to beat Arkansas because I can't stand Mike Anderson.

I like this team. I think they are all great kids and I generally think they always play hard just not SMART the entire game. They will need to play SMART basketball from here on out to have a chance.

I admit that I shake my head at this team more than most of Cal's team because of some of the dumb decisions they make, but that seems to be this teams identity and they have found ways to win despite those mistakes. I mean UK could very well be 34-1 at this stage as they had a chance to win every game this year at the end with the exception of the Florida game. That says a lot about how they compete despite their flaws and how good of a Coach Cal is as well.

[ 03-18-2017, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 03-18-2017 12:14 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trey Ball:
BC,

I'm not sure why you act as though this team is terrible. They are now 30-5. They are in the Top 15 in adjusted offensive and defensive efficiency in the Country. They have an offensive rebounding rate above 30%.

The National Media has dismissed them because they say the SEC was a terrible conference. Well, the SEC just went 4-1 in the First Round of the Tournament and if not for a mental mistake by Vandy in the last 15 seconds they very well could be 5-0.

The mighty ACC went 5-4. [Roll Eyes] I hope Florida kicks the living hell out of UVA today and I think USC has a legit shot to knock off Duke tomorrow. I'll actually probably root for UNC to beat Arkansas because I can't stand Mike Anderson.

I like this team. I think they are all great kids and I generally think they always play hard just not SMART the entire game. They will need to play SMART basketball from here on out to have a chance.

I admit that I shake my head at this team more than most of Cal's team because of some of the dumb decisions they make, but that seems to be this teams identity and they have found ways to win despite those mistakes. I mean UK could very well be 34-1 at this stage as they had a chance to win every game this year at the end with the exception of the Florida game. That says a lot about how they compete despite their flaws and how good of a Coach Cal is as well.

Trey,

I agree. After watching the first round, there was only one team that trusty dominated and that was North Carolina and we beat them! I believe that Kentucky has improved more since that Carolina game Han Carolina has. Do expect us to hang number nine this year? Probably not, but I think we as good a shot as any.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2259 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-18-2017 04:16 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Like I've said we get spoiled. Games we should be able to close we never seem to do. We never get in a game when Wynyardand Jones can get any experience since early in the season. We may score just enough points beat 5 more teams. I hope so but I just don't think it will happen without Monk taking over the scoring lead on this team. And we quit making nstupid mistakes like Hawkins fouling 3 times on plays away from the basket.
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-18-2017 05:05 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UK being favored by 4 over the corn stalks is just down right disrespectful. I hope the Cats have a chip on their shoulders.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-18-2017 05:16 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, I'd rather play Wichita St in the second round than Wisconsin. [Big Grin]
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-18-2017 05:29 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wisconsin just took out Villanova, great game to watch. Good to see the overall number one seed gone from the tournament.
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 03-18-2017 10:49 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Trey,

You are getting your wish. Virginia is getting their backsides handed to them by Florida.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2259 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-19-2017 12:00 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess the ACC went 6-3 in round 1 not 5-4 so my mistake, but they just went 0-3 today and none of their games were even close losing 83-71, 91-66, and 65-39. I said it a few times this year that the ACC teams outside of Louisville were terrible on the defensive end of the floor.

--------------------

redbone

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-19-2017 05:42 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But the ESPN and CBS pundits kept saying the ACC was by far the best league in college basketball. Well, they had 9 teams in and six of their teams are gone in the first weekend with hopefully more to come. I had watched Virginia play many games this year and thought they were the most overrated team in all of college basketball. Bennett does a great job as a coach with very little talent. I expect to see him take one of the jobs like Indiana or Illinois now that his season is over. He is one of the best young coaches in all of college basketball. If you listen to ESPN, there is only one conference in college basketball and that is the ACC, that gets old year in and year out. Yes, they are a good league but there are several good leagues out there that never get the press the ACC do and I find that rather annoying. But then again, the ESPN crew are all former ACC players at Duke or UNC pretty much so naturally they are going to tout their former schools as the very best.

I got tired of hearing the ESPN/CBS announcers talk about how poor Syracuse got screwed by not being in the field. Syracuse just happened to lose at home yesterday to our Ole Miss team which was not one of the better teams in the country this past year, and it happened on the Syracuse home floor. Syracuse only won two away games all year but since they are Syracuse/ACC, they should have been in according to Vitale, Bilas and company along with Seth Davis, Kellogg and company. The loss to Ole Miss on their home floor yesterday showed they did not belong in the NCAA field. You can now quit crying Jim Boeheim.

[ 03-19-2017, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 03-19-2017 10:56 AM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SCWC, I only have 3 ACC teams left. Louisville, Puke and UNC. You said there are 6 teams left. I hope I'm right. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1497 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-19-2017 01:11 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Blue hoot, I meant to say six were already gone, not three. Thanks, you have the three that are left, U of L, Duke and UNC.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com