TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Next year!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Next year!
michigankat
Player
Member # 2775

posted 03-20-2016 02:49 PM      Profile for michigankat   Email michigankat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We going to be electrifying!

--------------------
" A short pencil is better than a long memory" My good friend Jack Lengyel
Check out the greatest tailgating invention ever!
www.thetalegator.com

Posts: 454 | From: Birmingham, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-20-2016 05:21 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
next year etc etc etc except for 1 yr it is always NEXT yr. Talent level off the charts each year - 1 title not sure if Im happy or not! Depressed right now!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-20-2016 07:44 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed, I am like you, some of these freshmen come in with high credentials but are not great college players. Not all McDonald's All Americans turn out to be game changers as freshmen and even though we have on paper the number one class in the nation next year, they might not be all that outstanding at the college level, we can only hope.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-20-2016 08:05 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think we hit more than we miss on these young kids. We just can't get them to stay more than one year. If every Cal recruit would've stay just two years, he'd have at least four titles at Kentucky.
Posts: 10345 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-20-2016 08:19 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If we could look back on the recruiting in 2015 and see who we wanted and lost we would have to reevaluate our hopes for this past season. I have to agree that Murray, Skal, Matthews and Briscoe were not the best we could have had, but they all contributed at least a little. I'm not even talking about Humphries and Wynyard. And when you look at how the season panned out for Poythress, Lee and Willis, they didn't really do what was needed to make this a final four year. Maybe some of this returning roster can make an improvement next year and be able to provide a couple starters and some good back up guys. Right now I'm looking at Ulis and Murray as being our only final four players, although Briscoe had a couple of good games at the end where he showed he could hit some field goals and free throws. I think we still need Bolden to cement the freshman roster for next year because not all five of the current incoming crew are guaranteed they will be starters or even good contributors. My 2016-17 season starts today and the sooner the early departees make it known they are leaving the sooner we will know what kind of roster we will have next season. Go Cats! We need #9 soon!
Posts: 14169 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 03-21-2016 03:46 AM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bama Cat:
If we could look back on the recruiting in 2015 and see who we wanted and lost we would have to reevaluate our hopes for this past season. I have to agree that Murray, Skal, Matthews and Briscoe were not the best we could have had, but they all contributed at least a little. I'm not even talking about Humphries and Wynyard. And when you look at how the season panned out for Poythress, Lee and Willis, they didn't really do what was needed to make this a final four year. Maybe some of this returning roster can make an improvement next year and be able to provide a couple starters and some good back up guys. Right now I'm looking at Ulis and Murray as being our only final four players, although Briscoe had a couple of good games at the end where he showed he could hit some field goals and free throws. I think we still need Bolden to cement the freshman roster for next year because not all five of the current incoming crew are guaranteed they will be starters or even good contributors. My 2016-17 season starts today and the sooner the early departees make it known they are leaving the sooner we will know what kind of roster we will have next season. Go Cats! We need #9 soon!

Well said

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 845 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com