TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal knows Indiana is really really good

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal knows Indiana is really really good
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-18-2016 11:32 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Credit John Calipari for not mincing words about why Kentucky and Indiana have not played since 2012.

“I didn’t want to play home and home. I told them we would play two years in Indianapolis if you want. I didn’t want to play home and home. I didn’t want to go there, and they didn’t want to have to come to us. So that ended the series,” Calipari said after UK beat Stony Brook Thursday night tin Des Moines to set up a game against Indiana Saturday in the NCAA Tournament second round.

Calipari said Indiana coach Tim Crean should have been national coach of the year for winning the Big Ten despite the team’s injuries

“They had to adjust to how they play. What he’s done with that team in that league is incredible. He’s got a terrific passing team, a terrific shooting team, an attacking team,” Calipari said.

“I’s kinda unfortunate that this game is being played this early. This should be another round or two later. But it is what it is, so both of us are going to have to play. Tom knows the respect I have for him as a coach and as a leader and what he does. They’re really, really good. Like today they were really good.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186362 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-18-2016 03:18 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would hope at some point both schools could get their acts together and continue the Assembly Hall and Rupp rivalry. What a rivalry it was!

--------------------

Posts: 186362 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ol' Blue
Player
Member # 2317

posted 03-18-2016 05:37 PM      Profile for Ol' Blue   Email Ol' Blue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope the rivalry is never renewed. They acted like punks and don't deserve the chance to play. Cal offered to play in Indianapolis, but they said 40 miles was too far to travel.
We have nothing to gain by playing them.

--------------------
Number nine will be divine!!

A man needs something to believe in.........I believe I'll have another beer!

Posts: 2274 | From: Roanoke, TX | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-18-2016 08:21 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm with Ol Blue. I hope we NEVER, NEVER play in Bloomington again. Most of the IU fans are butt wipes. (not my niece) She's a sweetheart, but do you remember how their fans reacted to our players and fans after that Watford boy pulled that three pointer out of his rear end at the last second. You'd think, from the way they acted, that they had beat UK by 30! What jerks. (I still hate duke a lot more though!)

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36276 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-18-2016 09:06 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We have beat Indiana 15 out of the last 19 times we have played them and all 4 of the loses were in the state of Indiana.

--------------------

Wildtut
Player
Member # 2225

posted 03-18-2016 10:40 PM      Profile for Wildtut   Email Wildtut   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IF OUR GARDS SHARE THE BALL WITH THE BIG WE WILL BE OK AND OUR BIG STAY OUT OF FOULE TROUBLE

--------------------
I was a young wildcat when i was born i be and old wildcat when i die

Posts: 1942 | From: Rock wood Michigan | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-19-2016 09:59 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal will have us ready and would bet we will be on top of our game. We will have to be as this is like a final four match-up, both teams are that good. The NCAA new what they were doing and it is sick. Yogi Ferrell is a fantastic guard just like Ulis. If we can put some pressure on Ferrell it would help a lot and the best way to do that is put Briscoe (our best defender) on him and would bet that's what Cal will do. It would also make it easier for Ulis and keep him fresher to some damage on the offensive side of the ball.

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-19-2016 10:31 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I could care less about Indiana. Since that Turd knight retired, it doesn't even have the same satisfaction when the Cats beat them. KNight was more arrogant than Pitino, that is why I liked Kentucky playing them. ( the villian factor )

At this point in history, I don't care if they play them at all during the regular season. The only reason they are playing now, is the selection committee gave the TV guys this game for ratings.

Maybe I am biased, but I think Duke seems to get an easy draw, every year and UK seems to get tougher teams to make a splash on the ratings for tough marquee games that they can promote for tv ratings. That is just how I see it.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-19-2016 11:34 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is a must game for both teams and you can beat Cal will do everything in his power to have our Cats ready. We have the players to beat Hoosiers and odds point that out picking us by 3-7 points.

Link

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-19-2016 11:53 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In this tournament, EVERY game is a must game for both teams.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36276 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com