TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Can Cal work a minor miracle?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can Cal work a minor miracle?
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-20-2016 11:46 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This article says the same thing Bama has been saying.

http://www.aseaofblue.com/2016/1/19/10784516/kentucky-basketball-can-cal-work-a-minor-miracle-or-are-uks-flaws

Posts: 5421 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-20-2016 02:23 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That was written by a very knowledgable UK basketball fan and is exactcly what Bama Cat has been saying all season long about us not getting those high profile players we thought were coming our way once the smoke cleared in the early departure department from UK. That did not happen, all chose to go to some other school for some unknown reason and we were left short handed talent wise. This year is a wide open year in college basketball with no real outstanding teams so we could still make some waves but I personally do not feel we have the team talent to go very far in March. I sure hope my feelings prove to be wrong.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-20-2016 02:33 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ray, this is not our year but still will pull for them like you say however next year is going to be special talent wise. We will have talent and it will be up to the coachs as to how far they go. It's tough to win it all with freshmen but that seems to be how we are set up to play. Get good young talent in each year and send them on to the NBA the next year.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186362 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wildtut
Player
Member # 2225

posted 01-20-2016 04:22 PM      Profile for Wildtut   Email Wildtut   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HOPE WE DO WELL ENOUGHT TO MAKE THE NCAA DONT LOOK GOOD AFTER WATCHING THE OTHER SEC TEAMS WE WILL HAVE TO GET BETTER I MEAN A HOLE LOT BETTER

--------------------
I was a young wildcat when i was born i be and old wildcat when i die

Posts: 1942 | From: Rock wood Michigan | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-20-2016 05:02 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks CMD for the compliment. Like I say, I have resigned myself to take whatever this team can provide. But I'm not expecting to get past the sweet 16, if we can get that far. As the article points out Cal did not get much of his top recruits he wanted this year and thus the reason he is having so much trouble getting them to provide all the necessary things to make this a top team. Just taking 5 of the guys he didn't sign I could make a roster that could compete with the one he has asigned for next year. If he doesn't pull a rabbit out of a hat that ain't too bad. Only 2 down years since he arrived is bearable. Who knows what lightening may strike between now and April.

"""People want to point to the 2011 team as the reason we should all relax and let it play out. It is the closest comparison, but there are two major differences.

That was a completely different team that has no bearing on 2016, and the players not only gave their all, they gave more than they had.

There was no way that team was going to make that run without Josh Harrellson becoming a player that nobody expected him to be.

There was no way they would have made that run without DeAndre Liggins going all-in on being a defensive stopper and timely three-point shooter.

The difference is players like those two cared more about bringing honor to the name of the front of the jersey than a lot of the ones playing now. There are exceptions. I think Ulis, Murray, Briscoe, Matthews, and Mulder have the correct mental state and desire for an unlikely Final 4 run.""" [Wink]

Posts: 14207 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-20-2016 05:10 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Almost forgot. It's funny he should say our 5 guards are the heart of this team, 3 frosh, a soph and a juior transfer. I don't remember any team with 5 guards winning a championship. It would take a major improvement from Poythress, Lee and Mulder as I see it to make this team play well enough to get back in the top 10.
Posts: 14207 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-21-2016 10:02 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
THe big guys showed up and played tonight. Sure Lee and Poythress foul out but they played a huge part in getting us out of the blocks quickly this evening!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124007 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-22-2016 01:18 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This team is improving and we still have a lot of games to play. If we keep improving who knows how good we will be. I think Skal is the question mark and if we can get him to play well for 30-35 minutes this team would be a whole lot better.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186362 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com