TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Ulis/NBA

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ulis/NBA
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 12-27-2015 08:30 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't know what you guys think, but I think when the season is over, Tyler Ulis is gone. I don't care if he is 5'9" or less. He is that good, IMO. I just can't see a pro team not drafting him. His handle, his basketball smarts and his outside shot will just be too much to not gamble on. Besides that, he's a natural leader.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36272 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 12-27-2015 08:38 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think he is a great PG who doesn't get rattled under pressure and is able to penetate and score off the dribble, despite of his stature..

He is surely capable of playing in the NBA. Will he get drafted? I'm not sure.

Those bozos in the press were bad mouthing Kentucky and saying that the guards couldn't shoot. Ulis went through a rough stretch, but he was injured. Not sure if he is still getting over the issue, but he looked 100% to me in this last game.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 12-27-2015 08:53 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think he is probably gone too, especially if he continues to have games like he had yesterday. He certainly is the heart and soul of our team this season, without him we are a 500 ball club.

[ 12-27-2015, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-27-2015 08:58 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe he has more of a chance at getting drafted than Skal. Ulis can do it all. Skal can do nothing. Skal just hasn't had the experience to play on the level that UK plays. If he isn't here for at least 3 years I'll be surprised.
Posts: 14178 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 12-27-2015 10:03 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If he doesnt leave it will screw up the new class as we have a great one coming in who aint sitting!!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 12-27-2015 01:05 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I love Ulis and he may get drafted in the second round. No NBA team is going to use a 1st Round pick on a 5'8" player. The odds are way against him because of his height. I looked it up last year and I think there have been 13 players under 5'9" to ever play in the NBA for more than 1 season. The names that I remember are the following: Calvin Murphy (the best of hall of them and a Hall of Famer), Spud Webb, Nate Robinson, Mugsy Bogues, Earl Boykins, Greg Grant, Keith Jennings, and Isiah Thomas (not IU Isiah, but Isiah Thomas from Washington).

The only two current players in the NBA under 5'9" are Nate Robinson and Isiah Thomas who are both freakish athletes. Robinson has won the NBA dunk contest two or three times.

The best former comparisons for Ulis are Bogues and Boykins. They used their quickness to last in the NBA for over 10 years.

The kid has NBA speed playing at the college level which gives him an advantage, but once he is in the NBA most point guards have his speed and they are going to be 4 to 7 inches taller than Tyler.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 12-27-2015 03:06 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
His size and hustle would make him a crowd favorite.
Posts: 5411 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-27-2015 04:24 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Guarding guys the size of Rhondo and Wall would really be Tyler's drawback.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123992 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-27-2015 04:29 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope Tyler gets a chance to play with the big boys to see how he would do. Someone is going to draft him and we will find out just how he handles the size and speed of the best of the best.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-27-2015 04:40 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He'll get a shot but I'll be surprised if someone takes him in the first round!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-27-2015 05:00 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tyler is only a sophomore and has options with his future in the NBA. Cal will know pretty much where he would be drafted this season and advise him his options when the time comes. He may even stay another season if it benefits his draft chances. It's to early now and their will be plenty of time to make the best decision for him. Cal takes "good" care of his players.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-27-2015 07:55 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm sure a lot of that will depend on how many guards will be in the draft this next spring too!

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-27-2015 08:08 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal has got to push some guys out, one way or another. There may be some who want leave but are not ready, but that won't be the first time. Someone may transfer also. The only one I can say will leave for sure is Poythress. Minimally we must lose 3 more besides him. All we can hope for is that some of these guys get better by spring. But Ulis and Murray leaving would help a lot.

[ 12-27-2015, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-27-2015 08:34 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Marcus Lee could very well see his stock go up as the season progresses. HIs motor is worth ALOT!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-27-2015 08:36 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
FLoreal is currently using a Scholly and he could easily go on PArent employee with the university. That would open up another scholly!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-27-2015 10:10 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Floreal definitely will go that route..

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-27-2015 10:11 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lee could leave and if improves coming down the stretch it would really help his chances.

[ 12-27-2015, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-28-2015 08:44 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Getting stronger will help Lee too!

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-28-2015 09:23 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lee has all the incentive he needs with the next class of bigs coming in, he would have to fight extra hard to find PT.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-28-2015 09:38 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think he has a outside chance to be chosen in the NBA draft this year. ( second round) He is a junior and would bet he will get some good guidance on what his best for him and his chances of making it to the NBA. He definitely is in a tough position.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-28-2015 09:53 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Each kid is different, just like WCS did the year before last, he may be enjoying himself enough and realizes he needs to get stronger, he very well may stay for his senior year!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-28-2015 09:56 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Like Bama points out Lee may find it hard to get quality playing time with talent Cal has coming in next season.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-28-2015 10:03 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
THis is true but Lee's motor is out of this world!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-28-2015 11:35 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal will definitely have some options next season

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-28-2015 07:57 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fox, Gabriel, Killeya-Jones, Monk and Adebayo are all awfully good looking players coming to Kentucky.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-28-2015 07:59 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We have had some good recruiting class since Cal has been here and this class will rank right up there with his best classes.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-28-2015 08:04 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He has all the positions pretty much covered.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-28-2015 08:05 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In all of my years until Coach Cal got here I never dreamed of some of the talent that he started bringing in here year in and year out!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-28-2015 08:11 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think since Cal came up short on some of his recruiting for that '12-'13 team, he's beat the bushes to cover every base in recruiting. He knows in order to be the best you have to bring in the best!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-28-2015 09:38 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Recruiting is what he is best at and probably the best in college basketball.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-28-2015 09:41 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal isn't the bench coach to have only one National Championship with all the talent he has coached for so many years.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-28-2015 09:57 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the best team in the country doesn't always win the title. IT TAKES A LOT OF LUCK TOO!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-29-2015 05:44 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lot of unlucky coachs out there. I guess when you hire a coach you have to find out how lucky they are. [Wink]

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-30-2015 07:44 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
THere's been several Coach of the Year award winners who didn't win the title!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-30-2015 10:33 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Calipari was the Naismith coach of the year last year for one.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com