TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Mass exodus will become official tomorrow

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mass exodus will become official tomorrow
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-08-2015 08:49 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They all will be missed but we knew it had to happen and hope they all do well in the NBA.

UK has called a news conference for 2:30 p.m. Thursday. UK players who are ready to announce their NBA Draft decisions, as well as Coach John Calipari, will be at the news conference.

In addition to the Harrison twins, the players expected to leave UK are Willie Cauley-Stein, Karl-Anthony Towns and Trey Lyles.

On Monday, Calipari suggested that between five and seven players might enter this year's NBA Draft.

Other possibilities include Alex Poythress, Devin Booker and Dakari Johnson.

The NBA's deadline for applying to be an early entrant in the NBA Draft is April 26. The NBA's deadline for withdrawing from the draft is June 15.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186362 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-08-2015 09:39 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it's almost like when your kids move out of the house!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124007 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-08-2015 09:43 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess we knew it would happen at some point but it still hurts to see them go.

--------------------

Posts: 186362 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-08-2015 09:47 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No kidding, and to think every single one of them could return for one more year at least!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-08-2015 10:12 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's scary to think how good we would be next season if they all would have stayed. You can't blame any of them however as they have so much talent and the possibility of a serious injury would be devastating.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-08-2015 10:21 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, just one of these players will make more money in one year than I will in my entire career. (almost)

[ 04-08-2015, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: m hamilton ]

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-08-2015 11:04 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The good part is Cal will bring in some young talent to go with the players that are staying and we will have another very good basketball team.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-09-2015 06:05 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's too early to tell how good we might be next season. We'll have to wait and see who decides to sign thier name on the dotted line!

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-09-2015 09:48 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Right now it's a goat rope.
Posts: 14207 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-09-2015 10:09 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by m hamilton:
No, just one of these players will make more money in one year than I will in my entire career. (almost)

But there's a good chance you will retire with more money than them!
Posts: 10350 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-09-2015 10:14 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I will put my money on Cal getting some of the top recruits and we will again be in the hunt for a National Championship in 2015-2016.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-09-2015 02:08 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't be a bit surprised, CMD!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-09-2015 02:26 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal likes challenges and he has a big one staring him in the face. He has never failed when it comes to recruiting and doubt if he will now.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-09-2015 02:38 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal has never failed us yet.

--------------------

viccolo
Player
Member # 1860

posted 04-09-2015 02:55 PM      Profile for viccolo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CMD. I feel like he has failed me and other Cat fans. 7 Players going Pro. and No championship!
Shame on you Cal.
Was Francisa, right? I hope not.
Good luck Cats...

--------------------
Vicco Ky ...Dodge City of the east

Posts: 2449 | From: Saint Marys OH | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-09-2015 04:53 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
V, good to see you posting. Let's wait to see how the recruiting goes before passing judgment. Keep the faith. We will have Ulis, Willis, Lee, Hawkins and Poythress from this years team. Commitments are Briscoe a 6'3 point guard, Skal Labissiere a 6'11 center, and Charles Matthews a 6'5"combo guard.

We have offers out to:
Jaylen Brown SF Marietta, Ga. 2015
Cheick Diallo F/C Centereach, N.Y. 2015
Brandon Ingram SF Kinston, N.C. 2015
Thon Maker F/C Sudan 2015
Malik Newman G Jackson, Miss. 2015
Caleb Swanigan PF Fort Wayne, Ind. 2015
Stephen Zimmerman C Las Vegas 2015

Granted we will be lucky if we can pick up 2-3 of these players with offers but they all know now they would get playing time right away with the Cats so you never know.

--------------------

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-09-2015 05:52 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I feel like he has failed me and other Cat fans.
This is one Cat fan that doesn't believe he failed me.

I can't help but wonder how much playing time Hawkins and Willis will get next year. I know it's awful early to be talking about this but as it stands right now, I would see both of them in a back up role at best. Get several more recruits and it could be much worse. Willis especially has very little game experience in his time at UK.

Posts: 5421 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-09-2015 07:12 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Talent will get more time than experience almost every time!

--------------------

viccolo
Player
Member # 1860

posted 04-09-2015 07:51 PM      Profile for viccolo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks, CMD. We did have a Great season but I, personally expected # 9 with that amount of talent. ( so much for great expectations. I read some of the Recruits Stats, It looks GOOD.
Go Cats

--------------------
Vicco Ky ...Dodge City of the east

Posts: 2449 | From: Saint Marys OH | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-09-2015 08:36 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's going to be interesting that's for sure and Cal has a lot of pressure on him as Kentucky fans expect a lot. I think we as Cat fans are going to have to realize that every now and then we will have a mediocre season and this coming year may be one of them.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-09-2015 09:33 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nah, it's too early to start talking about mediocre seasons!

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 04-09-2015 11:07 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dakari Johnson is the one player that has been getting mediocre press. I believe he can have a long career in the league. Just look at nazr Mohammed. How long has he been in the league, 50 years? I remember seeing him his freshman year and he looked like he needed a sports bra, when he jogged down the court.

[ 04-09-2015, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com