TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » DONNIE TYNDALL

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DONNIE TYNDALL
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 03-27-2015 09:45 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
FIRED AT TENN.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-27-2015 10:06 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Didn't really expect him to last long there. He is just not a top Div I coach and TN should have seen this. Guess they were desperate. Tyndal should be working at the mid major level like EKU or WKU, Morehead.
Posts: 14165 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
BlueCollarMan
Player
Member # 2114

posted 03-27-2015 10:08 AM      Profile for BlueCollarMan   Email BlueCollarMan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I may be in the minority, but I am tired of Harper at WKU. Not that I would hire Tyndall, though.

Fred

Posts: 6815 | From: The Best College Sports Town in America . . .ha, ha. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-27-2015 10:21 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tyndall was under investigation when he was at Southern Miss. Why he was even hired with his baggage is a mystery.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-27-2015 12:13 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by catmandoo:
Tyndall was under investigation when he was at Southern Miss. Why he was even hired with his baggage is a mystery.

If Tyndall is not directly implicated, then UT will have to buy out his contract.

"The source said Tyndall will not receive a buyout from Tennessee since the university has broad discretion for cause to fire if he is found to have committed an NCAA Level I or Level II violation, "whether the conduct occurred during [Tyndall's] employment with the university or another NCAA member institution."

It may be a long shot, but I hope he gets cleared so the Vols will have to pay him some money.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
FlaCatz
Player
Member # 925

posted 03-27-2015 12:29 PM      Profile for FlaCatz   Email FlaCatz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UT Basketball is in a FREEFALL without a parachute..

I believe in Karma In and Karma Out....... and the way the Tennessee fans treated Counzo Martin.. Well, sucks to be them..

Who can they get now? Look at the UT Athletics Website and the cover image is the football stadium.......... scroll allllllll the way down to the bottom of the page to find a link for basketball...

Tom Crean?? Soon to be unemployed
Shaka Smart - VCU
Archie Miller - Dayton
Orlando Antigua - USF
Bobby Hurley - Buffalo
Green-Bean - Hell he knows more than most junior college coaches in the world. [Wink]

[ 03-27-2015, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: FlaCatz ]

--------------------
Pray for our Service Members and their families left behind!

Posts: 8880 | From: Lawrenceburg, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 03-27-2015 02:06 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I HEARD TENN. IS TRYING TO GET STANSBURY. RICK HES AT TEXAS A&M ASSISTANT.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

FlaCatz
Player
Member # 925

posted 03-27-2015 06:44 PM      Profile for FlaCatz   Email FlaCatz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I did not know he was at TAMU.... All I know is that unless they get somebody with a name, they will soon become just as irrelevant as Indiana..

[ 03-27-2015, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: FlaCatz ]

--------------------

Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 03-27-2015 06:58 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
NOW I HEAR THEY ARE GOING AFTER MARSHALL, AT WICHITAH ST. AND SO IS ALABAMA, I HEARD ALABAMA OFFERED MARSHALL, 31.5 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT. I WOULD JUST LIKE TO GET SOME REAL GOOD COACHES IN SEC. TYNDALL WAS A GOOD COACH, BUT NOT SMART ENOUGH TO RUN A TEAM.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-27-2015 07:36 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That 31.5 mil must be a typo. Maybe 3.5 mil.
Posts: 14165 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-27-2015 10:10 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is a story where it stats that Bama would start the bidding at 3 million dollars. It sounds like if it's money Marshall wants Bama is willing to pay him some very big bucks.

Marshall makes a base salary of $1.85 million — including a $125,000 bonus payable April 13 — that’s likely to move up past $2 million this spring. He receives bonuses for athletic and academic success, and operates on a seven-year rollover contract. Wichita State makes many moves — appealing to donors, requiring large donations for the right to buy prime seats, increasing marketing and ad revenues — with Marshall and his program’s needs in mind.

“We want Wichita State athletics, for every one of our coaches including Coach Marshall, to be their dream job,” Sexton said. “We have a great coach who is doing great things.”

Earlier this week, Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com cited sources saying Alabama would start the bidding at $3 million. Marshall told reporters in Cleveland he will listen. While Wichita State is in enviable shape when compared to most of the 351 NCAA Division I schools, there is a limit, Sexton says, and a school such as Alabama can win a spending war.

“We look at that all the time,” Sexton said. “If it ends up being about money, then there is some point that number is not attainable and wouldn’t be financially responsible. But there are some many other things that add up to what is a great job opportunity. We try to pay attention to all of those things.”

For Sexton, this is March Madness behind closed doors. He starts each spring knowing that Wichita State benefits from home-court advantage, and that is why Marshall remained with the Shockers despite overtures from high-profile schools such as North Carolina State, UCLA, Missouri and others over the past eight seasons.

Marshall, as he makes clear, is happy in Wichita.

“I’ve said how content and happy I am at Wichita State over and over and over, and we are,” Marshall said Wednesday. “It could be the last job I ever have, I could retire from there. But at the same time I don’t bury my head in the sand if a tremendous offer comes along, we look at it as a family and that’s been something we’ve dealt with for 17 years.”

Link

[ 03-28-2015, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 03-27-2015 11:23 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bama Cat:
That 31.5 mil must be a typo. Maybe 3.5 mil.

over 6 yrs. bama.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 03-28-2015 12:34 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I read Tyndall also had some problems while at
MSU. MSU went on probation for 2 yrs. in August
2010 because of violations related to booster
activity under Tyndall's watch.

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
FlaCatz
Player
Member # 925

posted 03-28-2015 01:56 PM      Profile for FlaCatz   Email FlaCatz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I heard Billy Gillispie was available on clearance. [Eek!]

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-28-2015 02:01 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wonder what old Billy is doing know?

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com