TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » West Virginia press big part of their success

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: West Virginia press big part of their success
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-24-2015 12:56 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Their press shouldn't hurt us as we have the ability to go trough it, around it and over it.

After West Virginia beat Maryland 69-59 Sunday in Columbus to advance to Thursday's game with Kentucky, Maryland coach Mark Turgeon praised the way West Virginia played.

"I think you gotta give West Virginia a lot of credit tonight. They were terrific. The press was good. We weren't ourselves. We weren't very good tonight," Turgeon said. "Give them credit. And we didn't deserve to win. We didn't play well enough to win.

"This tournament's about matchups. If you want to advance, you've got to have the right matchups and it wasn't a great one for us."

Maryland guard Dez Wells said West Virginia's full-court press and playing 12 players took a toll on Maryland.

"Their press, it was good. They kept throwing a lot of bodies at us. And we turned the ball over more than we usually do," Wells said. "And it worked in their favor. And they capitalized on our mistakes. So my hat goes off to Coach Huggins and his team. They did a good job tonight."

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
BlueCollarMan
Player
Member # 2114

posted 03-24-2015 01:41 PM      Profile for BlueCollarMan   Email BlueCollarMan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And we throw over presses and dunk.

Fred

Posts: 6815 | From: The Best College Sports Town in America . . .ha, ha. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-24-2015 03:45 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Their press may have taken a toll on Maryland but we aren't Maryland.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 03-24-2015 03:54 PM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think they will press and fall back into a zone

--------------------
"God is great, beer is good.....and people are crazy!"

Posts: 3241 | From: stuck in the land of the tarhole ! | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-24-2015 09:10 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It seemed like Maryland had more success breaking WVU press when they brought their big man down the floor to help bring the ball up. We've got just the big man for that!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-24-2015 10:52 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't see our guards having much trouble breaking their press. I think we will get some easy baskets off their press.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-25-2015 06:18 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope you are right, CMD. They seem to have a pretty pesky press!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rupps runt65
Player
Member # 1286

posted 03-25-2015 09:42 AM      Profile for rupps runt65   Email rupps runt65   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Like I said, if they press all game they will get pummeled... I think he will press just to see early results, but I don't think he will stay in it for long...
Posts: 860 | From: jacksonville, fl. u.s.a. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-25-2015 10:52 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
rr, good observation and their press "may" have some early success but I think like you once we get used to it we will score pretty much at will and they will have to adjust.

[ 03-25-2015, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com