TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Kyle Wiltjer scored 45 points last night

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kyle Wiltjer scored 45 points last night
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 02-20-2015 01:31 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This whole Gonzaga thing is really working out for Kyle Wiltjer.

Last night the former Wildcat scored a career-high 45 points, the most by a Bulldog in 54 years and the second-most by anyone in college basketball this season. He went 15-of-22 from the field, including 7-of-10 from beyond the three-point line, and scored 18 of the Zags’ 22 points during a stretch in the second half.

“I was just in the zone,” he said after the game.

Don’t look now but Gonzaga has won 20 straight.

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 02-20-2015 04:49 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like Kyle Wiltjer but he and Gonzaga doesn't play anybody. The WCC is weak top to bottom and Pacific is the bottom. lol The bulldogs are not a bad team but its about who you play and defense and they're mostly an offensive team.
Posts: 1497 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-20-2015 06:21 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Regardless of the competition, Kyle had quite a night and is having a tremendous career at Gonzaga. People said Wichita State did not play tough competition last year on their run and look what a game they gave us enroute to the final four. Gonzaga are on a 21 game winning streak and played some tough competition in the non conference part of their schedule. They have a very good team regardless of what league they play in.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 02-20-2015 06:25 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
YOU GOT TO BEAT WHO U PLAY, ALL I HEAR THEY DONT PLAY ANYONE, 45 POINTS IS GREAT ANYWAY U SPIN IT. AND KYLE IS AS GOOD AS ANYONE ON OUR TEAM IMO.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-20-2015 07:03 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Willie guarded Kyle for 40 minutes, Kyle wouldn't score 10 points. No disrespect to Kyle, but that's just a fact.
Posts: 10338 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 02-20-2015 07:20 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but no one is entitled to their own facts. no disrespect to no one.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-20-2015 07:24 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I certainly hope we end up playing Gonzaga for the National Championship and our team put the breaks on Kyle's scoring. I am just happy to see Wiltjer having a good season and will wish him continued success until such time as he meets our Cats face to face on the basketball court If that happens, I would like to see us hold him scoreless.

[ 02-20-2015, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-20-2015 07:29 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ray, I agree, especially the last two sentences.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-20-2015 07:30 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
GB, like you said, everybody is entitled to their own opinion. My opinion is wiltjer would be lucky to start on either of the platoons if Poy was healthy. Not saying he wouldn't but not sure who he would play in front of. Just too slow and IMO still a defensive liability, but yes he can shoot.
Posts: 5396 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 02-20-2015 07:32 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SCWC THE FOLKS THAT UNDERSTAND BASKET BALL ARE HAPPY FOR KYLE, 45 POINTS IS A LOT NO MATTER WHO U PLAY, BUT POINTS IS NOT EVERYTHING IN A GAME, THATS WHATS WRONG WITH FANS NOW, IF U DONT SCORE A BUNCH OF POINTS U AINT NO GOOD, MOST NEVER HEARD OF REBOUNDING AND ASSIST, AND DEFENSE, AND TEAM PLAY, SOMETHING THAT ANDREW NEEDS TO LEARN TEAM PLAY.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Naskats
Player
Member # 1904

posted 02-20-2015 08:45 PM      Profile for Naskats   Email Naskats   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ask IU, they score a lot of points, but they play no defense. Purdue has beat them twice this season, it's not all about scoring, don't get me wrong, I wish Kyle was still a Cat, he was a good kid and I think a good teammate

--------------------
Whatever you are be a good one

Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1204 | From: Hagerstown, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
bigbluerev
Player
Member # 1633

posted 02-20-2015 10:27 PM      Profile for bigbluerev     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Andrew needs to learn team play? Come on seriously?

--------------------
Personal Responsibility - stop looking to the government or anyone else to take care of you. www.GodMakesSense.com www.RefreshingRain.com

Posts: 1806 | From: Cold Spring, KY | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-23-2015 01:38 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Andrew's 2.1/1 t/o ratio isn't bad however Ulis has a 3.5/1 t/o ratio. We are fortunate to have two very solid point guards.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-23-2015 02:59 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With Ulis suffering from shin splints, and after a season of Cal urging him to "play agressive", I think that Andrew is stepping up to the same level of play that he had last year during our run to the championship game. I really like the way he has been playing the last few games. I mean, he had nine assists and one TO against Auburn, and he looked to attack the rim and make the interior pass more often. I hope this is a trend.

Now, if Aaron and Booker can find their shooting eye again, we win it all, hands down.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13615 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-23-2015 09:39 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The first thing out of Coach Cal's mouth this evening on his call in show was what about Kyle Wiltjer!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123974 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-23-2015 09:40 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I want to see Kyle do good until he has to face us. (If he does end up facing us)

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123974 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-24-2015 01:01 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Like TT points out 9 assists and 1 t/o is as good as it gets and bet if was many years a UK player point guard has had a game like that. It was awesome.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-24-2015 01:05 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal knows the potential of Wiltjer and would bet he would be the first to say that coach Mark Few has done a fantastic job of improving the physical and mental side of Wiltjer's game.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-24-2015 01:06 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wiltjer has a very good shot o becoming a solid NBA player.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com