TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » How Calipari "hacked" basketball (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: How Calipari "hacked" basketball
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-23-2014 10:13 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We actually had a few good teams in that era.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123995 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-23-2014 10:15 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The name keeps escaping me. What was the name of the player that transferred to Florida State after leaving KY in that era. I had a Psychology class with him.

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

FlaCatz
Player
Member # 925

posted 12-23-2014 10:25 PM      Profile for FlaCatz   Email FlaCatz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
M Hamilton, Oliver Simmons transferred to Florida State,, 96/97 time frame

--------------------
Pray for our Service Members and their families left behind!

Posts: 8880 | From: Lawrenceburg, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-23-2014 10:37 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It was Irving Thomas. I had to look him up. I ran into him a couple of years later he was traveling with the Ball team and we flew with them to Florida. Back when Fla St. was playing againt UL in the metro conference!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-24-2014 09:45 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That was a good era and a lot of good basketball and a good time to be a UK student.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-24-2014 09:47 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have grandson who will be graduating from UK this year who really picked a great time to be there.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-24-2014 09:49 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He worked in the athletic department for a couple of years and did odd jobs for them at all the home games and got to watch the games courtside.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-24-2014 01:59 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It doesn't hurt to get your foot in the door at a Program like KY. Even if it is just assisting the equipment manager

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-24-2014 02:28 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My grandson has been fortunate and will be working in Cincinnati for a company named Deloitte and then goes back to Kentucky to finish his final semester next year. He is majoring in accounting and Deloitte I understand is a world wide Company.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-24-2014 02:29 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, that's fantastic. We have a lot of engineering students that work with us at KY Utilities!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-24-2014 02:44 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kentucky is great with all their students and the advice and help he has received has been fantastic. I get to pick him up tonight in Orlando airport and spend some time with him and his twin brother. Life is good!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-24-2014 02:50 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oddly enough several of our kids are UL students.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-24-2014 02:50 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Enjoy them, CMD!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-24-2014 03:11 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No way is a sibling of yours a Louisville fan, NO WAY!!!! Just kidding it must be your wife's blood that tainted them. It sure couldn't have been yours. [Wink]

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-24-2014 03:14 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The other grandson, is a twin to the Kentucky one goes to Wake Forrest but he bleeds blue just like his brother, dad and grandfather. [Smile]

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-24-2014 03:19 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Way to raise them up right.
I had a Salvation Army bell Ringer ask me today if my entire family were KY fans. I said, no other color belongs in my house!

My future son in law is a Georgia fan. He doesn't even care for basketball!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-24-2014 04:59 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess it's only in Kentucky that basketball is king. Living down here in Florida football is all they talk about. It's funny because their basketball gym only holds around 12,000 fans and they rarely fill it. When I first moved down here we always got tickets to the Kentucky game and we had more fans there than they did, that's a fact. Now however they have changed the rules that makes it harder for UK fans to get tickets.

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com