TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Keys to the UCLA Game (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: Keys to the UCLA Game
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-13-2014 10:54 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree. I like the looks of Looney on their squad but the rest of their players are average at best!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124007 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-13-2014 10:55 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wiltzer 14 points was high by far.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186362 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-13-2014 10:55 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They will be up to face the number 1 ranked team in the country but I don't think they have the talent to stay with us for more than a half!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-13-2014 10:56 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wiltjer had 12 quick points to open the game but he's gone a little quiet since!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-13-2014 10:57 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looney was high for UCLA and he is a fair player but really not that good. They have to be better than how they looked in the first half.

--------------------

Posts: 186362 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-13-2014 11:00 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If our defense scrambles and fills the gap hard like they did today, I'd say our chances are really good.!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-13-2014 11:16 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If what we saw is all they have they will not like having to play the Cats. I was surprised Gonzaga played as well as they did and will be interesting to see how they fair in the second half. I f you take Wiltjer of their team they don't look to have a lot of fire power. Kyle looked awfully smooth the first half and really happy for him.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-13-2014 11:40 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wiltzer still playing great with 22 points. He has made 3-5 from the 3 point line, 9-13 from the field, 4 rebounds an 1 t/o.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-13-2014 11:48 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gonzaga leading 71-63 with 4 1/2 minutes in the game. They are having little problems with UCLA in their house so far. It really looks like we are going to be playing the worst team of this match-up. It sure looks like we should beat them easy but there is no doubt they have some 3 point shooters as they are 9-17 from the 3 point line so far. I think our defense is far superior to Gonzaga's however.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-13-2014 11:51 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The stat that stands out is that so far in the game Gonzaga has shot but 3 free throws in the entire game in contrast to UCLA's 16. Looks like some home cooking.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-14-2014 06:26 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UCLA shoots a high number of free throws. They are also one of the nations leaders in made free throws as well!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-14-2014 10:33 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MH, actually UCLA doesn't shoot that high of a number of free throws compared to other teams the reason being they have played 3 more games more than most every other team in the country. They also are not even close to being a leader in free throw shooting percentages. In fact they rank below us and we are way down the list ranking 234th out of 350 teams. UCLA ranks 307th.
I also checked Louisville our next opponent after UCLA and they are flat out terrible free throw shooters ranking 335th out of the 350 division 1 teams making only 59% of their free throws.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-14-2014 10:37 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What I can't figure out is why can't Louisville UCLA and especially us who have the best coachs in the country and the best recruits in the country can't shoot free throws better than we do.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-14-2014 02:00 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's all about practice, CMD. We as teams would rather practice fancy dunks, amazing three point shots, or even half court shots. Free throws are just time consuming and unspectacular!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-14-2014 02:10 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't believe that "one bit" Cal would not allow any of that when he is conducting his practices and Pitino too. They have one thing in mind and that is getting their teams better and fancy dunks are not part of making their team better.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-14-2014 04:10 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When you are limited to practice time you don't waste a lot of it practicing free throws. You expect your "boys" to practice them on their own!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-14-2014 05:50 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think free throws are a waste of time and doubt any coach would think that. Free throws do require a lot of time and they do practice them on their free time but without good technique it doesn't do a lot of good. Hopefully the assistant coachs are helping each player in individual workouts on how they can correct any flaws.
When you have 233 Div. 1 teams shooting them better than you there is a problem especially when your team has so many Mickey D's on it.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-14-2014 06:02 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe waste of time is the wrong term but something the boys can work on by themselves!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-14-2014 10:56 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If we knew all the time these players practiced their free throw shooting I bet it would be far more than any of us realize.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-15-2014 06:31 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually the team percentage has improved a little bit as the season progresses. It helps though, when your guards take teh shots too!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-15-2014 08:05 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not with the case with Aaron as he is only shooting 68%. It really hurts losing Poy as he was shooting them at 85% before going down.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-15-2014 08:19 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One of their problems is they don't focus. Coach said it was a mental thing with Johnson. But what he should really say is it's that way with most of them!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-15-2014 09:05 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess Aaron has to focus as what ever he is doing isn't working. He is a shooter and shooters should be around 80% and not in the 60's.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-16-2014 06:27 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The mani key to the UCLA game is score more points than them!

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 12-16-2014 10:32 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have no doubt that we will. I'm guessing by 20+ points. I WAS wrong once before tho.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36276 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-16-2014 11:41 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm, I think you are going to be very close on your prediction.

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com