TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Calipari says Dakari’s free throw shooting is all mental

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Calipari says Dakari’s free throw shooting is all mental
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 11-28-2014 05:35 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dakari Johnson went an absurd 12-of-14 from the stripe in Kentucky’s Tuesday win against UT Arlington, much better than his career 45 percent foul shooting entering that game. He was 12-of-25 on the year before finding the hot hand against the Mavericks.

In today’s pre-Providence press conference, Coach Cal was asked what happened to turn the poor shooting big man into Kyle Macy 2.0:

“Let me ask you, if he went for 12 for 14, that means he’s capable of that,” Cal told reporters. “So what gets in the way of him making 12 out of 14? It’s those six inches between his ears.”

Cal believes Dakari’s bad misses come when he’s thinking, ‘I may miss this one,’ when he needs to be shooting with confidence on every trip to the line.

“They weren’t bouncing around and in and swishing,” Cal said of Tuesday’s made shots. “But he’s capable now and he has to have his own confidence and demonstrated performance, which he has had. I say that to other guys on my team. I’ve said it for years.”

It will be interesting to see how Johnson responds on Sunday against Providence. If he has another impressive night at the foul line, do we dare say Dakari is a player we’re comfortable seeing at the line?

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-28-2014 06:14 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I dare say that coach told him if he wants closing minutes in quality games he better practice his free throws.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123983 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-29-2014 09:58 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope Dakari keeps shooting his free throw like he did last game and his teammates do the same.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-29-2014 10:08 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Missed free throws are what cost the Lady Cats on Thanksgiving Day.

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-29-2014 10:32 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It won't be long now and we will find out just how good are free throw shooting is getting.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-30-2014 09:26 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The better Dakari shoots his free throws the more apt Cal will use him going down the stretch of a game that is close.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-30-2014 06:57 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dakari shot 2-4 from the free throw line today.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-30-2014 06:59 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We only shot 8-17 from the line. 47% will eventually bite us in the butt!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-30-2014 07:11 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As a team we are shooting 65% for the year. We have to do better and put more emphasis on free throw shooting.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-30-2014 07:40 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WE really should be shooting 75% from the line.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-30-2014 07:40 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
At least 70% anyway.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-30-2014 07:49 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's going to be hard to get the average up when both Dakari and WCS just aren't good free throw shooters. They also play around the basket and are both aggersive so they are going to get fouled a lot.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com