TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Five Key Questions Facing Kentucky Going Forward -Who leaves

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Five Key Questions Facing Kentucky Going Forward -Who leaves
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 04-08-2014 10:14 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
3. Is there a chance Willie Cauley-Stein returns?

The 7-foot sophomore sat on the bench in a very loud shirt and missed the entire Final Four with a foot injury. Who knows how things might’ve turned out had he been able to play? Asked afterwards if he might return next season, he said according to Kyle Tucker, “Definitely. To me, there’s still emptiness to fill…Why not stay until they make me leave?” If he does leave, the NBA exec said. “Mid-late first. All on upside. His goofy act post injury didn’t help the questions about his maturity issues.” Added one veteran NBA scout: “Lottery at best, will not get past 20.”

4. What about the Harrisons? Do they stay or go?

As I wrote in this story on Sunday, they face perhaps the most interesting choice of all the freshmen because they are projected as late-first or second-round picks and second-round picks don’t get any guaranteed money. Said the NBA exec after the final in which Andrew went 3-for-9 for 8 points, 5 assists and 4 turnovers: “If he’s this shook by [Shabazz] Napier and [Ryan] Boatright, wait till he encounters Bledsoe, Wall, Lawson, Westbrook, Teague, Lowry, Parker, Dragic, Conley, etc.” Rip Hamilton and Ray Allen both chimed in on the twins. Hamilton: “The NBA is a different game now. They got big size, they’re probably one of the top point guards in the league. I definitely think so [they can play].” Said Allen: “They certainly have the talent. Would they benefit from being in college another year? It’s really hard to say.”

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 04-09-2014 10:14 AM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna predict Randle, Young, WCS & Aaron Harrison go pro.
Even if Andrew comes back we will struggle at guard play next year. Not typical for a Cal team.

--------------------
"God is great, beer is good.....and people are crazy!"

Posts: 3241 | From: stuck in the land of the tarhole ! | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-09-2014 11:36 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I disagree. If Andrew returns, that's HUGE! Having a sophomore floor general with his talent would give the team instant credibility.
Posts: 10348 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
1 Catlanta Fan
Player
Member # 1526

posted 04-09-2014 12:04 PM      Profile for 1 Catlanta Fan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't see the twins splitting up at all, they either both stay or both go. I personaly think they need to stay and work on some skills.
Posts: 141 | From: Huntsville, AL | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-09-2014 12:08 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I too think if one twin goes, both go. I also see a huge upside to next year's team to having both of those young men back for another season.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-09-2014 12:11 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Only Randle and Young leave. Young will announce first next month and Randle will follow suit. I believe Poythress and Cauley stay because they are more interested in getting degrees. I believe in the end the Harrisons don't need the money right now and they will stay to improve their draft ranking. We will have 12 guys to start next season unless we add one more.
Posts: 14178 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 04-09-2014 01:51 PM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why would the twins leave together? They would more than likely be on different teams and Andrew would probably be in the D league.
Losing Young and Aaron will kill us next year. If Andrew stays we still will struggle shooting outside

--------------------

Posts: 3241 | From: stuck in the land of the tarhole ! | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
jerseycat
Player
Member # 9

posted 04-09-2014 02:54 PM      Profile for jerseycat   Email jerseycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lyles and Towns to some extent can fill the Randle and Cauley-Stein slots. I think Dakari might be tempted to go.....hope not.

Cal clearly wanted Jones or Mudlay at PG. Ulis is awfully small. Would love to have Andrew back.

Booker could be a better shooter than Aaron at SG.....but again would love to see Aaron back.

Poythress becomes the next Young - he could do it.

--------------------
UK Class of 1968

Posts: 1791 | From: Red Bank, NJ | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-09-2014 04:10 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think there is any doubt the twins will be on different NBA teams, it would be highly improbably for them to be drafted by the same team. I just feel that if one stays at UK, both will stay and enter the draft in the same year. I personally think they are gone this year but sure would love to see them stay around one more year.
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-09-2014 06:28 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bama Cat:
Young will announce first next month and Randle will follow suit.

Sorry, Bama Cat, but the deadline to declare is 4/27. If they're gonna declare, it'll be this month.
[Smile]

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-09-2014 06:40 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just saw on the ESPN web site that the Kansas center Enbiid just announced he was entering the draft. I expect our players to start making their announcements next week.
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-09-2014 08:55 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would bet there will be a press conference when our players all decide, and they'll do it together like the 2012 team did. But I could be wrong.
WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 04-09-2014 09:35 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The ticker on ESPN tonight said Randal "will go". I haven't heard any more details than that.
Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-09-2014 10:24 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I heard he is contradicting the announcement. He said he hasn't even had a chance to discuss it with his parents. that doesn't mean he won't declare soon. If the deadline to declare is 27 April they just barely have 2 weeks. He made the following tweet.

Julius Randle @J30_RANDLE
Follow

Idk who reported what but I haven't made up my mind about the draft yet. Haven't even talked to my family about it. So it's all false.
7:24 PM - 9 Apr 2014

Posts: 14178 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 04-09-2014 10:36 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by uncSUCKS:

Even if Andrew comes back we will struggle at guard play next year. Not typical for a Cal team.

I think Ulis will be a better PG than Andrew. His ball handling skills are off the chart good and he is more of a true PG. I hope the twins come back, but I think we'll be okay at PG even if they don't.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 04-10-2014 06:59 AM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My fear is more about outside shooting. Young & Aaron will be hard to replace.
And with a short PG Cal will have to change his offense. No more dribble drive

--------------------

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 04-10-2014 11:06 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe he could look at Wisconsins offense if he does change it, or another motion type offense. Wisconsin sure makes it hard to guard, and with the athletes we have it could be a very productive offense for us. I am for anything with alot of movemnt by player and ball. I just think it always leads to good shots. And you can still create those one on one situations for a man to just beat his guy off the dribble. The on ball defender can get caught looking at all the motion as well and get taken off the bounce.
Posts: 5441 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-11-2014 07:08 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ukman:
Maybe he could look at Wisconsins offense if he does change it...

Ukman, if he did that, the entier lower section of Rupp arena would fall asleep during every home game. [Big Grin]
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 04-11-2014 08:55 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Paul, I know what you mean. I just think with all the movement we would really be able to attack and have our own spin on it. I don't think it would be boring because it would create situations for lobs, lanes for drives, etc. I don't mean pass for 25-30 seconds and then get a shot. I think with the athletes that we have we would be able to get good shots early in the shot clock. It would really be a athletic version of the Wisconsin offense. Cal could "tweak" it to make it his own. Just hoping we get some more movement on offense next year. Saw some glimpses this year.
Posts: 5441 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com