TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Sorry, but not satisfied

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sorry, but not satisfied
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 04-07-2014 11:27 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With the loss in the national championship. I was happy to just get here because I never expected it. But then to get here and lose because you can't make free throws just really sucks. I sure hope guys, and the coaching staff, start to realize how important they are. We make free throws and we are national champions for the 9th time. We just played terrible. No poise, out rebounded, too many turnovers, poor shot selection. Very confusing season. Very disappointed with most of the season, and then thrilled in the tournament, and then very disappointed with the ending. Oh well, can't wait until next October.
Posts: 5446 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
FlaCatz
Player
Member # 925

posted 04-08-2014 12:25 AM      Profile for FlaCatz   Email FlaCatz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry for your loss....... I can not be disappointed in a group of 18-20 year old young men who accept the challenge to come to Kentucky, Wear the Blue and White with Kentucky on their chests and represent this state and our fans...... there is no program like this in the nation, there are no fans like ours in the nation...... and there are very few young men who will accept THAT challenge...

Am I disappointed in the loss.... Absolutely... am I disappointed in our TEAM... Absolutely NOT!!

Thank You CATS, Coaches and Staff.... and Best of Luck to Coach Antigua as he moves on to USF...

Go Big Blue!!

--------------------
Pray for our Service Members and their families left behind!

Posts: 8880 | From: Lawrenceburg, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 04-08-2014 12:35 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I didn't say I was disappointed in the young men. I said I was disappointed in the bulk of the season, and our final game. I never question the effort of these guys, and didn't tonight. Just didn't play well in the big game. I would love to have had our best game tonight, but it just didn't happen. These kids are under great pressure and they handled it well, especially for 18 yr olds. I am thrilled to be a runner up. Didn't think we were going to be anywhere close to the final four a month ago.
Posts: 5446 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-08-2014 12:37 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FlaCatz:
Sorry for your loss....... I can not be disappointed in a group of 18-20 year old young men who accept the challenge to come to Kentucky, Wear the Blue and White with Kentucky on their chests and represent this state and our fans...... there is no program like this in the nation, there are no fans like ours in the nation...... and there are very few young men who will accept THAT challenge...

Am I disappointed in the loss.... Absolutely... am I disappointed in our TEAM... Absolutely NOT!!

Thank You CATS, Coaches and Staff.... and Best of Luck to Coach Antigua as he moves on to USF...

Go Big Blue!!

Nicely said

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11588 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-08-2014 07:08 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not one bit disappointed in the final game. We lost. It's that simple. Sometimes it's just not your day. In the end, we shot the ball like crap, got outrebounded, missed a ****-load of free throws and still should've taken the lead in the final minutes. It just wasn't our day.

Now, I am awfully sad. I just hate it when the season ends.

ps. I also feel bad for tattoo guy. He almost became a genius with that Championship tattoo.

Posts: 10350 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-08-2014 07:31 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What FlaCatz said.
Posts: 5421 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
rupps runt65
Player
Member # 1286

posted 04-08-2014 08:19 AM      Profile for rupps runt65   Email rupps runt65   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Very proud of this team. They battled to the end, just couldn't hit those free throws and that will bite you in the rear every time. Proud to be CAT!!!
Posts: 860 | From: jacksonville, fl. u.s.a. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-08-2014 12:12 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Strangely, I'm not sad at all. Disappointed? Yes, but not sad. I think it was a wonderful season, and it brought me a lot of joy, watching the games this season. No, they didn't live up to the hype, but it was just that; hype. I feel much worse about the decline of America, that has occurred over the past few years, and am truly sad about that. Makes the Cats not winning the championship seem rather insignificant.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36276 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-08-2014 12:34 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

Originally posted by Norm.
Strangely, I'm not sad at all. Disappointed? Yes, but not sad. I think it was a wonderful season, and it brought me a lot of joy, watching the games this season. No, they didn't live up to the hype, but it was just that; hype. I feel much worse about the decline of America, that has occurred over the past few years, and am truly sad about that. Makes the Cats not winning the championship seem rather insignificant.
quote:

You echo my sentiments to a tee with that statement.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
cadcatfan
Player
Member # 3035

posted 04-08-2014 01:34 PM      Profile for cadcatfan   Email cadcatfan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Old Norm:

I also totally agree with your statement, Norm. I think the 'powers that be' like it this way, though: everybody's too busy with sports, or reality tv, or partisan bickering, etc. Keeps us distracted from what they are doing...
Posts: 156 | From: Richmond, KY | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-08-2014 02:33 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What Norm said!! Lots of joy from a nice group of young men. My favorite player this year was James Young! big heart big play maker. Sorry to see him (probably) go along with the others. Im hossip hossip(thai)- (50/50 - on the twins but will be good either way for them!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-08-2014 03:10 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think everyone always has a favorite player, mine was Julius Randle, loved watching him play and will miss him next season.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-08-2014 03:14 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am a big Alex Poythress fan. Seeing him fly through the air and make one of those monstrous slam dunks just about runs a thrill up my leg, as an MSNBC anchor famously said!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36276 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-08-2014 03:57 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hard for me to pick a favorite player on this team because they ALL seem to be great young men. Absolutely wonderful represenatatives of the University of Kentucky.

Excuse my language here but I have essentially "b*t*hed" slapped IU fans today at work who have questioned the "integrity" and "academic standing" of these young men. Usually I would just ignore the stupididty but guys like Alex Poythress with a 4.0 in a tough major make me want to shut these ignorant haters up.

[ 04-08-2014, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11588 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 04-08-2014 04:00 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FlaCatz:

Go Big Blue!!

AMEN BROTHER

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9830 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 04-08-2014 05:37 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am proud of team, their heart and effort! It was a great season. Coach Cal and his staff did an outstanding job. Every true Cat fan should be proud of those young men and grateful to have such a great talent as Cal to coach them. Go Cats!
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com