TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » What do you do to calm your nerves?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What do you do to calm your nerves?
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-05-2014 01:08 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I went out and played golf but it didn't help much.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
BourbonBlonde
Player
Member # 1901

posted 04-05-2014 04:17 PM      Profile for BourbonBlonde   Author's Homepage   Email BourbonBlonde   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cleaned house, but A) it was long overdue, B) my daughter is moving back in with me at the end of the month, and I needed to clear some space, and C) I'm having company for the game. And my stomach is still in knots. [Wink]

--------------------
Just for today, do not worry. Just for today, do not anger. Honor your parents, teachers, and elders. Earn your living honestly. Show gratitude to everything.--the Reiki principles

Posts: 399 | From: Northern KY | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 04-05-2014 04:49 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm happy to say it's my boys birthday today, and so my mind has been preoccupied most of the day already. Now I'm going to go lay down in a quiet room, try to get a nap in. I'm heading out to a bar later to watch the game with some friends who just happen to be UW fans. Might be a long night and I have to work tomorrow!!

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-05-2014 05:05 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My daughter is visiting us this weekend. Her only son lives with us because his girlfriend lives here and he has a job nearby. I have been visiting with her today, which has pretty much kept my mind off the game. They are both (her and her son) huge Cats fans, and we will watch the game together tonight. I'm looking forward to it.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36269 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 04-05-2014 05:09 PM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ran a 10K

--------------------
"God is great, beer is good.....and people are crazy!"

Posts: 3241 | From: stuck in the land of the tarhole ! | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
FlaCatz
Player
Member # 925

posted 04-05-2014 06:07 PM      Profile for FlaCatz   Email FlaCatz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wait till Tuesday Morning then take a deep breath and exhale... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Pray for our Service Members and their families left behind!

Posts: 8880 | From: Lawrenceburg, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-05-2014 06:08 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I worked. Seems like all I ever do anymore!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123974 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-05-2014 08:46 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not a bit nervous tonight. If we lose, we've had a great run and a nice season as far as I'm concerned. I just want to enjoy the rest of this season, and hopefully celebrate a championship!!!
Posts: 10338 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
FlaCatz
Player
Member # 925

posted 04-06-2014 12:11 AM      Profile for FlaCatz   Email FlaCatz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I quit watching games like THESE!!!

--------------------
Pray for our Service Members and their families left behind!

Posts: 8880 | From: Lawrenceburg, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 04-06-2014 12:14 AM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Text my family and friends and read Cats Pause and TCD. Sit still in my lucky chair!

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-06-2014 12:20 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can't go to sleep so I'm going to watch it all over again. It's fun to watch games you know they are going to win.. [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
BlueCollarMan
Player
Member # 2114

posted 04-06-2014 12:24 AM      Profile for BlueCollarMan   Email BlueCollarMan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I will be absolutely honest and say that I have not been wound up on game day with this team. I've been telling myself since the Wichita St. game (which feels like 3 months ago) that I just don't want too see them get blown out.

I even did that tonight. I was only concerned about another 1983 meltdown.

Fred

Posts: 6815 | From: The Best College Sports Town in America . . .ha, ha. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
BlueCollarMan
Player
Member # 2114

posted 04-06-2014 12:28 AM      Profile for BlueCollarMan   Email BlueCollarMan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And more important than going to the Final, we got BourbonBlonde back on the board!!!!

[Big Grin]

Fred

Posts: 6815 | From: The Best College Sports Town in America . . .ha, ha. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-06-2014 12:31 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
BCM, I bet her stomach is not in knots tonight. [Wink]

--------------------

rupps runt65
Player
Member # 1286

posted 04-06-2014 12:37 AM      Profile for rupps runt65   Email rupps runt65   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Im holed up in a Water park resort in Kissimmee...watched the game from the room...no sleeping pills...gonna be a long nite
Posts: 860 | From: jacksonville, fl. u.s.a. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
BornBlueDieBlue
Player
Member # 6528

posted 04-06-2014 09:32 AM      Profile for BornBlueDieBlue   Email BornBlueDieBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I worked all day so didn't get a chance to get really nervous for it. But man, during the game, I was sweating some bullets. Down year or not, I always expect to win every game. What a win though!!! It was such a good game and good victory that my 9 month old was still awake with me till 12:30 AM!!
Posts: 88 | From: Palm Harbor, Fl | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
BourbonBlonde
Player
Member # 1901

posted 04-06-2014 10:18 AM      Profile for BourbonBlonde   Author's Homepage   Email BourbonBlonde   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the welcome back, guys! [Smile]

I had a friend over to watch the game, and he apparently really does have heart trouble, and he made sure to tell me beforehand which pocket had his nitro pills, just in case. After that foul on the 3-pointer, he asked if I needed one. [Wink]

BB

--------------------
Just for today, do not worry. Just for today, do not anger. Honor your parents, teachers, and elders. Earn your living honestly. Show gratitude to everything.--the Reiki principles

Posts: 399 | From: Northern KY | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Soup_Bean
Recruit
Member # 12586

posted 04-06-2014 12:03 PM      Profile for Soup_Bean   Email Soup_Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For the WSU game....one joint, one shot Jack Daniels, two beers.

For the L'ville game....one joint, two shots Jack Daniels, 3 beers

For the Mich game.....two joints, 3 shots Jack Daniels, 6 beers, one Valium

For the Wis game....I don't remember

BlueCollarMan
Player
Member # 2114

posted 04-06-2014 12:57 PM      Profile for BlueCollarMan   Email BlueCollarMan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Soup,

I think your post is the lyrics to a George Thorogood song.

Fred

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-06-2014 04:02 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Soup_Bean:
For the WSU game....one joint, one shot Jack Daniels, two beers.

For the L'ville game....one joint, two shots Jack Daniels, 3 beers

For the Mich game.....two joints, 3 shots Jack Daniels, 6 beers, one Valium

For the Wis game....I don't remember

You forgot to mention the Doritos and Funyons! [Wink]
Posts: 10338 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-06-2014 04:12 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just prayed the zebras would have a heart attack aND WE WOULD GET 3 new ones. [Big Grin]
Posts: 14146 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com