TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » ESPN predicting Cards over Cats by doubl digits

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ESPN predicting Cards over Cats by doubl digits
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-26-2014 03:46 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From an ESPN Article:

1. Louisville over Kentucky by double digits. The Friday matchup between Louisville and Kentucky will be poetic, really. Two of the top three teams in The Associated Press' preseason poll stumbled at times during the regular season. Louisville regained its mojo in the final weeks, but Kentucky fell short of lofty expectations all season. John Calipari’s fleet of NBA prospects have since risen in the NCAA tournament. The world-beaters who removed Kansas State and top seed Wichita State from the tourney have looked like they could beat anyone in the field. But the fun will end in Indianapolis. I wasn’t impressed by Louisville’s opening weekend (wins over Manhattan and Saint Louis), but I believe that the Cardinals recognize they had more to give in both games. And they’ll prove it with a double-digit win over Kentucky. More experience. More balance. Rick Pitino’s 11-0 record in the Sweet 16. (Calipari is 5-1 against Louisville since arriving at Kentucky, though.) This game won’t live up to the hype. Russ Smith & Co. will pressure the young Wildcats for 40 minutes and avenge an earlier loss against Kentucky.

Article

[ 03-26-2014, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-26-2014 03:57 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Double digits? This guy is smoking crack. Wichita pressured us for 40 minutes, too, and look where it got them.
Posts: 10324 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
ProBlue
Player
Member # 2944

posted 03-26-2014 05:24 PM      Profile for ProBlue   Email ProBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Doesn't surprise me one bit. ESPN Doesn't like us anyway. They need to put that write up in wildcats locker room.

--------------------
ProBlue

Posts: 742 | From: Bristol,Tn. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-26-2014 08:07 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Vitale has predicted today that KY will fall to UL too! I did read that Skip Bayless is taking the cats in this game!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123963 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
FlaCatz
Player
Member # 925

posted 03-26-2014 09:45 PM      Profile for FlaCatz   Email FlaCatz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ESPN is mad that after an entire season of hyping the Big 10+2, Pac 12+? and ACC+BigEast, and talking about how bad the SEC is....... Dook, UNC, Syracuse, Ohio St, are gone and the SEC is 7-0 with ALL three teams in the Sweet 16 and the same number of teams as the Big 10, ACC and Pac 12+?.....

--------------------
Pray for our Service Members and their families left behind!

Posts: 8880 | From: Lawrenceburg, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-26-2014 09:52 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ESPN put their money on the wrong horses and now they have to pay the piper.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-27-2014 06:28 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just read Vitale has it UL 74 UK 70! Just thought I'd share this info!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123963 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Soup_Bean
Recruit
Member # 12586

posted 03-27-2014 08:59 AM      Profile for Soup_Bean   Email Soup_Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
ESPN predicting Cards over Cats by doubl digits
If ESPN is willing to back that up I've got a little extra cash I am looking to invest.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-27-2014 09:07 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SB, I doubt if it happens and we win ESPN will talk about the error of their ways.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rupps runt65
Player
Member # 1286

posted 03-27-2014 09:34 AM      Profile for rupps runt65   Email rupps runt65   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would say that Early and Baker are just as good as Handcock and Smith, id say maybe better. Id also say Wichita St. was the real deal. We were 4pt underdogs in that game, I like our chances and dont forget they beat Louisville with Randall on the bench the whole second half. They make some 3s and shoot well from the line and we will win...

[ 03-27-2014, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: rupps runt65 ]

Posts: 860 | From: jacksonville, fl. u.s.a. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-27-2014 09:54 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I honestly think we're a matchup nightmare for UL. If we play our normal interior defense and also don't let Hancock shoot 12 threes, I think UL will have trouble scoring 60 points against us. Hancock should be so easy for our guards to guard - he's awfully slow. Let Russ get his 20 points and Harrell get 12-15 points. Where's the rest of their scoring going to come from if we play defense like we have the last month?
Posts: 10324 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
viccolo
Player
Member # 1860

posted 03-27-2014 10:54 AM      Profile for viccolo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did Louisville lose both games to Memphis during the regular season.
I like KY by 8-12 points.... [Wink]

--------------------
Vicco Ky ...Dodge City of the east

Posts: 2449 | From: Saint Marys OH | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Soup_Bean
Recruit
Member # 12586

posted 03-27-2014 11:09 AM      Profile for Soup_Bean   Email Soup_Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Did Louisville lose both games to Memphis during the regular season.
I like KY by 8-12 points.... [Wink]

Yes they did...and I agree Ky by 8-12 points.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-27-2014 11:14 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see them win, even if I didn't pick them in the pool. I don't really have a great feeling about this game but I'm hoping I'm wrong. First of all I don't believe there was any tweek to this team to get them playing different. Cal may have told them to just have fun whether they win or not and it may have relaxed them. My real feeling is they decided to play a little better defense and they have concentrated more on getting good shots. Which of course explains their better shooting. And of course we had a lot of good breaks and luck against WSU. I just hope the basketball gods continue shining on us for another weekend.
Posts: 14124 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Soup_Bean
Recruit
Member # 12586

posted 03-27-2014 11:19 AM      Profile for Soup_Bean   Email Soup_Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I honestly think we're a matchup nightmare for UL.
When Ky is hitting on all cylinders they are a match up nightmare for anybody.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-27-2014 11:54 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Quote by Bama
code:
  I don't really have a great feeling about this game but I'm hoping I'm wrong. 

My feelings also. I honestly thought we would beat Wichita St but am feeling less hopeful about our 2nd matchup with Louisville. Not sure why because lord only knows I'm not an analyst of the game, just love to watch the Cats and college basketball in general.
Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 03-27-2014 01:46 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If we continue to make lazy passes, and turn ball over. we are toast. I really have no feel for this game, 8 to 12 point win wont happen, double didgit loss wont happen either. toss up imo.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com