TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Willis/ Hawkins.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Willis/ Hawkins.
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 03-26-2014 12:04 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Imo both should have been redshirted. any thoughts?

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
bigbluerev
Player
Member # 1633

posted 03-26-2014 12:35 PM      Profile for bigbluerev     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In my opinion a red-shirt under Calipari is only useful in the case of an injury. If a player is not seeing the floor in year 2 or 3 they are not going to see the floor in year 5. With the number of top rated recruits he brings in each year, staying for another year is not going to get a player playing in front of these recruits.

--------------------
Personal Responsibility - stop looking to the government or anyone else to take care of you. www.GodMakesSense.com www.RefreshingRain.com

Posts: 1806 | From: Cold Spring, KY | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-26-2014 02:38 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
bbr, I think you nailed it.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 03-27-2014 01:57 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Willis has played 39 minutes all year, u cant perform sitting on bench, Lee the same way, these guys should wave bye ..bye to cal.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-27-2014 03:20 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Green-Bean:
Willis has played 39 minutes all year, u cant perform sitting on bench, Lee the same way, these guys should wave bye ..bye to cal.

I hope the above poster is just a fan and not a parent of the players mentioned in this post. Nothing wrong with having role players on a team. Some fans may think they are not needed, but every team needs them. I, for one, hope Willis stays four years
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-27-2014 03:31 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Every team in the nation is allowed 13 players - do you mean that all the other players on all the other teams that do not play should transfer?

If they want to go more power to them - they knew what they were getting into when they signed the LOI. Some of you guys worry more about it than the players themselves I suspect!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
bigblue bob
Recruit
Member # 2991

posted 03-27-2014 04:15 PM      Profile for bigblue bob        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wave bye.....bye to Cal??? Are you serious?
Even though a young man like Jon Hood has never been a starter I bet he would not trade his experience at the University of Kentucky for anything!
The question is do you want to be a starter on a team and watch the NCAA tourney on tv or do you want to be on a team and actually have a chance to win the dam thing? I'm sure Hawkins, Willis and Lee thought about this before committing to UK.
Do you think Cal should recruit lesser players so other players don't quit?
This is big time basketball not rec league man!
Need I remind you Mr. Green Bean Cal has led our Wildcats to the sweet 16 4 out of 5 years.

--------------------
god, family, kentucky basketball

Posts: 44 | From: park hills ky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
BlueCollarMan
Player
Member # 2114

posted 03-27-2014 04:51 PM      Profile for BlueCollarMan   Email BlueCollarMan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Green-Bean, I think that you are being a bit short-sighted. BBR did nail it.

Fred

Posts: 6815 | From: The Best College Sports Town in America . . .ha, ha. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com