TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Booker says Ky will not win a game in SEC tourney

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Booker says Ky will not win a game in SEC tourney
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-12-2014 07:00 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just finished watching the pre SE tournament show with Barry Booker. He flat out stated that Ga were better than Kentucky as was Tennessee and he does not think the Cats will win one game in this year's tournament. Never have I witnessed such low regard for a UK basketball team when it comes to the SEC tournament.

[ 03-12-2014, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-12-2014 07:24 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think BB is in for a surprise and posting his article up on the locker room wall might be a good attention getter.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cat Fan In The Mill
Player
Member # 2756

posted 03-14-2014 09:17 AM      Profile for Cat Fan In The Mill        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hard to argue with Booker given the way the Cats wrapped up the SEC season. This team looks lost and disinterested. It has been a season long grind for them and I think they are ready for it to be over. I hope I am wrong - but given the upcoming matchup with LSU, I am not feeling warm and fuzzy about a win.

--------------------
"On, On, U of K....We are right for the fight today......"

Posts: 1341 | From: Northern Kentucky | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-14-2014 09:31 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal has not backed down and actually stuck his neck out for this team. If they come out and play like crap, the media will be talking smack for a long time.

I don't care what the "tweak" is. I just hope it works and the team plays better. My heart wants UK to win. My head wouldn't bet on them. The Cats have literally fallen apart, lost swagger, and overall played poorly this last stretch of games. Can't argue Mr Booker's thinking, especially if you go by their recent past performances.

I wouldn't trade Cal for anyone else and don't believe he has forgotten how to coach. But, guard played has killed this year's team. Was hoping that it would improve and get better by the end of the season. It is hard to believe that it can be fixed over night. Would love to be wrong about my viewpoint.

[ 03-14-2014, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-14-2014 11:17 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Poor guard play has killed our teams for two years in a row now. Harrow, Mays and Goodwin were not exactly top of the line guards last season and the Harrison twins and James Young are not world beaters this season. Cal is used to having a top notch point guard to run his team and he has not had the luxury of having that for the second season in a row now.
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-14-2014 09:25 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Barry now eating his words!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123969 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-14-2014 09:26 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Cats were playing with passion.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-15-2014 03:05 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It was good to see Booker have to eat a little crow after the game last night.
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-15-2014 06:03 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So do these two wins count or not? I KID!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-15-2014 07:01 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The one thing for sure that will be in our favor is the crowd. We will out number them 4 to 1 or more. [Smile]

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-15-2014 07:03 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Our fans travel so well! I know several that are down there this weekend!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-15-2014 07:04 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They sure were there today.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-15-2014 07:19 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think our fans have dominated the entire weekend in Catlanta.

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-15-2014 07:24 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They always do take over Atlanta for the SEC tourney. They were not expecting as many this but apparently they are still showing up. Hopefully they can give us enough encouragement to beat Florida tomorrow. I honestly think we will beat Florida tomorrow but I am always one that expects us to win every game.

[ 03-15-2014, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-15-2014 08:55 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It isn't going to hurt one bit to have all that blue and white cheering for them from the opening tip to the final buzzer.

--------------------

GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 03-15-2014 10:58 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was down there today and on the streets we outnumbered all others at least 30 to 1. It was incredible.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2239 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com