TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » An Excited Cal Tells The Team He's Sorry

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: An Excited Cal Tells The Team He's Sorry
ProBlue
Player
Member # 2944

posted 03-11-2014 12:25 PM      Profile for ProBlue   Email ProBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well whatever it takes to win !!!!!!!

http://www.lex18.com/news/an-excited-cal-tells-the-team-he-s-sorry/

--------------------
ProBlue

Posts: 745 | From: Bristol,Tn. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-11-2014 02:32 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
All we can do is hope at this point in the season. This team have showed little to no pride in their efforts thus far and I fear it is too late in the season for them to make drastic changes in the way they play the game. We all hope Cal is right. There is no doubt this team has a ton of potential if they would just come together, play both defense and offense and make the BBN happy. I know this group has to frustrate the living daylights of Cal.

[ 03-11-2014, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-11-2014 04:06 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am glad to hear it. I said a week or two ago that I felt Cal needed to accept responsibility for where the team is and make some changes. I will wholeheartedly applaude someone when they accept responsibility for something and then do what they can to fix the problem. I think it is more than just the offense to accept responsibility for, but it is a start. Maybe there was more to it than that, whatever it was I hope the whole team apologized to each other for the season. Maybe, just maybe, they can get it together just in time for the tourney. If they can really play as a team, and buy into the defense and team first, we could be in for a good ride. I will believe it when I see it though, but i sure am hoping to see a whole new look to our team this weekend.
Posts: 5431 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-11-2014 07:26 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Great news and really glad to hear. Kudo's to Cal! I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't make a big difference. It has to be a load off the players back knowing they have a coach that cares and is part of the team during the good times and the bad. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see a more relaxed team that plays even harder. Go Cats

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-11-2014 11:05 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes. Maybe. Not.
Posts: 14142 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-12-2014 03:22 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama, at this time of the season and all the down things that have happened we need something good to think about no matter how small it might be.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-12-2014 07:41 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is hopefully the beginning of a possible turn around. WCS has come out and publically gives "Kudos" for Cal coming out the way he did and took some of the blame for the way he has handled the team this year. He had to do something and what he did was not only the truth it shows he is part of this team and has not let the players holding the bag for the dismal season so far. Let's hope we see a big change in the teams play and the demeanor of Cal on the sidelines.

After deciding that he had made mistakes coaching this team, Kentucky coach John Calipari apologized to his team Monday.

“I do it a lot. I mean, I’ll do, ‘Hey this isn’t on you; this is on me.’ I’m not afraid to do it, even if it’s an individual thing I’ve said or done to some individual player,” said Calipari Tuesday about his apology.

Now Calipari hopes his team can “carry it over to the court” when they play in the SEC Tournament Friday in Atlanta.

“My hope is they have a little better bounce in their step and that they know when things don’t go right, we’re still go. That’s what we haven’t had for the last three weeks. We had it for a while and it kind of slipped away,” Calipari said.

Sophomore Willie Cauley-Stein said Calipari’s apology was no big deal to the players.

“The thing about Cal is he’s going to admit when he’s wrong. If he’s wrong about something he’s going to say he’s wrong and he’s going to fix it. That’s just being a man,” Cauley-Stein said. “When you get to that point when you know you’re wrong and you can admit it, that’s powerful. You get a rally from your team after that.”

Calipari has said he was wrong in emphasizing play that was based on how officials would call games this year because the last few months the new rules have not been emphasized as the UK coach anticipated.

“That’s real accurate. We worked a lot on bodying up in the posts, on drives just using your body more, and keeping your arms still up but using your body,” Cauley-Stein said. “Because after going back and watching the film and actually looking at that piece — because before you don’t really look at it — and now that they said that, we go back and look at the piece you can see everybody else bodying us on drives and post-ups and you wonder why we weren’t doing that the whole time neither.”

Link

--------------------

Cat Fan In The Mill
Player
Member # 2756

posted 03-13-2014 01:23 PM      Profile for Cat Fan In The Mill        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I realize the players are the ones that play the game, but I put the sole blame for this season on Cal. He should have realized early on what he needed to say about this team instead of filling the heads of BBN and the rest of the country with fluff to make it seem like everything was going to be kosher.

--------------------
"On, On, U of K....We are right for the fight today......"

Posts: 1341 | From: Northern Kentucky | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-13-2014 02:41 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't remember Cal saying anything that would indicate he was "filling the heads of BBN and the rest of the country with fluff to make it seem like everything was going to be kosher."

Maybe he did but I really don't remember anything except him trying to remain positive (for the most part) to the players and their fan base. There were exceptions but for me he was too critical at times in public of the players and this team. I do remember his saying something like who in the world would vote this completely unproven team #1 in the country. I don't think he ever said anything about this team going unbeaten as many fans were talking about. I do remember him saying he would love to coach an unbeaten team but IMO he certainly wasn't talking about "this" team. Should he have just said early on this team sucks and been done with it?

I agree with SCWC when he says "I know this group has to frustrate the living daylights of Cal." I would only add that they have me as well as the rest of the BBN.

There is very little that Cal, the players or anyone else can say that will satisfy us fans at this point. However, a few wins would go a long way in soothing a few frayed nerves around here, including my own.

[ 03-13-2014, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5394 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-13-2014 02:44 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
After all, why blame a coach or players for a season that isn't even over? I don't get it. It sounds like people are giving up.
Posts: 10336 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com