TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Ulis:“He’s going to be the Skal I knew he was.”

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ulis:“He’s going to be the Skal I knew he was.”
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-06-2016 11:02 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is the Skal Labissiere everyone expected to see all year and began to doubt. But it was sophomore point guard Tyler Ulis who never lost faith in Labissiere and encouraged Calipari to start him at Florida, where he also played well.

“He’s going to be the Skal I knew he was,” Ulis, who had 14 points and 14 assists, said.

Calipari said Friday he might not start Labissiere because he had a bad practice Thursday.

“He was too worried about the matchup with him and Ben Simmons instead of just loving paling. That is what I got on him about,” Calipari said. “He was great. The kid has taken a lot of grief, but 18, nine and six blocks. He looked really good and is getting better.”

Certainly his confidence is growing. Now Calipari wants him to quit worrying about individual matchups.

“You have got to be yourself in this. You can’t worry about the game the day before. Lose sleep. Stay in the moment and be the best you can be,” Calipari said. “I am really proud of him.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-06-2016 01:30 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Skal is another step closer to being a first round draft choice after last nights game. I sure do like his chances.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
AshTuckyUKfan
Player
Member # 3065

posted 03-06-2016 10:36 PM      Profile for AshTuckyUKfan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If he gets drafted it will be because of his upside, because he is a below average seven footer. It's not all his fault, but he has a lot of work to do.
Posts: 369 | From: Ashland KY | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-07-2016 07:46 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AshTuckyUKfan:
If he gets drafted it will be because of his upside, because he is a below average seven footer. It's not all his fault, but he has a lot of work to do.

Your "below average" assessment is correct for most of this season.

Skal's game against LSU was anything but average.

Midway through the season, I think everyone thought we would have to wait for next year, to see Skal play a game like he played against LSU.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-07-2016 09:45 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He is making the incoming class of freshmen look a lot better at being able to find scholarships for all of them. If he continues like this it may make Bolden's selection of UK a lot easier knowing Skal will be leaving.
Posts: 14132 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-07-2016 09:50 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama, don't think Cal doesn't know that and has worked real hard all year getting Skal ready for to move on and make his mark as a NBA player.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com