TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal will reveal the tweaks on Monday

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal will reveal the tweaks on Monday
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 04-11-2014 05:00 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal is about to embark on the tour for his new book, “Players First,” which means lots and lots of media appearances. He’s kicking the tour off on Monday on “CBS This Morning,” and during that interview, he says he’ll reveal the big tweaks he made after the regular season that resulted in UK’s big tournament run.

If anything, it’ll hopefully be the last time we hear the word “tweak.”

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-11-2014 10:30 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I still say the tweak was he told them to quit worrying and he stopped yelling at them so much.
Posts: 14151 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 04-11-2014 11:26 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I say there was notweak, just a lot of BS. imo

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Soup_Bean
Recruit
Member # 12586

posted 04-12-2014 07:04 AM      Profile for Soup_Bean   Email Soup_Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
BS or not.... it worked.

[ 04-12-2014, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: Soup_Bean ]

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-12-2014 11:49 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Green Bean, why so negative? First you state that Stokes is a better player than Randle, and now accuse Cal of being a BS'er. Can we be sure you are a Cats fan? You are sounding somewhat like an internet troll.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36269 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 04-12-2014 12:54 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It will be interesting to hear Cal's explanation. One thing that I heard was that he quit taking some pain medication around that time - right after the S. Carolina game. Sometimes living with the pain (Cal's hip in this case) and exchanging it for being clear-headed can lead to improvements in many areas. If that was the case I applaud him for that decision. It says a lot about his character.
Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
BornBlueDieBlue
Player
Member # 6528

posted 04-12-2014 03:31 PM      Profile for BornBlueDieBlue   Email BornBlueDieBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Green Bean, no offense, but shutup.

Anyway, I still think the tweak was that he brought Randle to the top of the paint more and spread the wings out for him. There were a couple of plays that I remember seeing in the tournament that I didn't in regular season. Randle is a beast inside and everyone planned that and proceeded to double/triple team him. Like others have said, by bringing him further out it makes it much more difficult to double him. Then when he drives he has two choices; defense collapses on him and he kicks out to either corner or top of key for 3, defense fakes or just stays home and he finishes it. Think back to the 3 that Aaron hit against loserville. Randle got it near the 3 point line, drove it and they collapsed so he kicked it out.

Posts: 88 | From: Palm Harbor, Fl | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com