TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » Other Sports Talk   » Olympic gold medal

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Olympic gold medal
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 08-16-2021 05:14 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My family tells me that a girl on the UK track team won a gold medal at the recent olympics. I hope that is true. Can anyone tell me about this and how she came to UK?
Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 08-17-2021 06:01 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sydney McLaughlin actually won 2 gold this in this years Olympics.

Sydney is now the World Record holder in the women's 400 meter hurdles and she also ran a leg of the Women's 4x400 meter relay which also won gold.

UK also had gold medal winners in fencing, air rifle, (there seems to be another sport we won gold in, something tells me it was in the pool)!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123954 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 08-17-2021 01:45 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for that information. She did greater than my family told me. Do you know what she came to UK?
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 08-17-2021 02:37 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I want to say she was 1 and done during the '17-'18 season. I believe she won an individual national title in track while at UK!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123954 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 08-17-2021 04:29 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks again. UK has not been noted for the track program, so I thought she might have a relative on the coaching staff.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com