TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » Other Sports Talk   » Maryland transfer Olivia Owens commits to UK Ladycats

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Maryland transfer Olivia Owens commits to UK Ladycats
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-02-2020 02:07 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The 6-4 center redshirted this past season after a case of Mononucleosis cost her the first few months of her sophomore season. She played in 16 games as a freshman while averaging 1.5 points and 1.3 rebounds per contest.

Owens was a five-star recruit ranked 34th overall by ESPN in the Class of 2018 as a senior at Niskayuna High School in New York. She was also a McDonald’s All-American Game nominee.

Here’s what ESPN had to say about Owens as a recruit:

Strong, physical low-post performer with interior footwork, powers to rim with efficiency; mobile in transition; emerging face up attack; high motor effort on glass; among the elite post prospects in the class of 2018.

In addition, ESPN ranked Owens as the 16th-best sit-out transfer this year.

Owens must now sit out next season unless granted a waiver for immediate eligibility. She becomes the third transfer to pick UK this offseason, joining point guard Jazmine Massengill (Tennessee) and shooting guard Robyn Benton (Auburn).

Link

[ 06-03-2020, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 06-02-2020 07:36 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Coach Mitchell is finally getting some players with some size. That's the only way to compete with south Carolina and the bigger schools.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9787 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-07-2020 06:01 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Am I forgetting something or is this article wrong?? It says she redshirted last season after an illness. Doesn't that make her eligible to play right away. Surely that couldn't be a mistake??? Maybe I can't read and comprehend at my old age. [Confused]
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-16-2020 05:04 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lets hope she is granted a immediate waiver to play immediately.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com