TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » Other Sports Talk   » My High School Basketball Team

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My High School Basketball Team
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-04-2016 10:19 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Some of you may remember me talking about my HS team 7Rivers here in Florida in the past. We have now moved on to a 5a school Crystal River which has not been to the regional tournament since 1994. In our second year with this program who had not won more than 5 games in many a year we are now 17-9 and in the District title game on Friday night. As in Ky both teams will advance to the state playoffs.

We beat Central HS last night 67-62 in double OT after been down 7 points with 3 mins to go in regulation. Everyone in this area are thrilled to death as are we.

Just thought I would let TCD readers know..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-04-2016 10:54 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ED let me know it you play anywhere near St. Augustine as I would would like to watch them play.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-07-2016 07:07 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Will Do Bruce but we will be south of you this year. We lost 53-46 in the district finals so will be travelling to to a district champ to play next thur. Still in it and played a really good game last friday.

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-07-2016 08:49 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed, good to hear and are any of your boys scholarship candidates?

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-08-2016 08:01 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Short answer yes - we are a very young team with only one senior (a 6 3 center who can jump out of the building). We also start a freshman point guard who will be playing d1 ball somewhere. He is the best guard in this area.

We are a 5a school who had not made the regionals in 22 years so everyone is excited about that.

You saw how we coach a cpl times when we were at 7 rivers - up and down full court defense with traps etc etc

We now have the numbers (bigger and better player) to be able to do that and teams hate to play us

We thought we were about 2 yrs away but we jelled earlier and this season is a bonus for us..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-08-2016 11:47 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Congratulations and good luck, Ed!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-08-2016 12:24 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ukcatfannfl, are you the coach?
Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-08-2016 03:10 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Paulcat I am the varsity asst coach - the head coach is from Ind and was a high scoring guard in high school and college. He and I have been coaching together for 15 yrs now - 1st 13 at 7Rivers a private 2A school and now at Crystal River a public 5A school. We will lose only one senior this year and only 3 juniors on current squad so we are getting ready for a long run here (we think).

Tks Norm

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-09-2016 06:19 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed, Good to hear they are already playing well, has to be a good feeling for you and the rest of the coachs.

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-10-2016 06:21 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tks Bruce it is - tonight night we tvl to Pasco county to play. They are a District Champ with a 24-4 record and a lights out 6 4 guard.

So we shall see how it goes!

[ 02-12-2016, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-12-2016 01:59 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sad to say we lost 62-48 - they were too big etc etc.

However one particular play that changed the whole outlook of the game and two others during the same time frame that I would like to explain and wonder if any of my tcd friends have ever seen this before.

We are tied 17-17 in the 2nd qtr. Their guy drives the lane and throws one up which missed.
The ref called a foul AND counted the basket!!

We protested and protested - asked them to go ask the scorer table. They said they couldn't do it. We said BS the official scorer has on a referee shirt and is an official member of the team. The ref said "one more word" out of you and u (meaning our head coach) are outta here. Even all members at the scoring table AND even the head coach of the opposing team said it did not go in. That play changed the mind set of our players really thru them off their game as we are a very young team.

Little did the refs know that there was a evaluater in the stands and he told the refs they made a mistake. The refs apologized after half time and admitted they made a mistake but the damage was done to our players as they had lost focus for rest of that qtr and we were down 10 at half time. (the 2 points were never taken back btw).

There were two other horrible calls during that time frame also as one their player was out of bounds with the ball (no one within 20 ft of him) and they gave the ball back to them saying it went off our players foot (the opposing player was standing with the ball in his hands out of bounds). The third one was where they saved the ball from going out of bounds BUT the player had both feet out of bounds!

I won't say what I believe but that is exactly what happened during that time frame...

Also I have never never seen where three refs didnt see if the ball went in the basket or not.

Anyway we ended up 17-11 with a bright future for the program.. Just a little shocked right now!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-12-2016 04:06 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed, That is a sad story that affects players, coachs and fans. Hopefully you have a tape of the game and send it to the proper individuals that will make sure those refs are reprimanded properly.

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-15-2016 10:00 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As I mentioned earlier Bruce they did apologize for missing the call BUT did not take away the 2 points. Just a bad night and series of events but proud of our team and teams are starting to not want to play us as we are a 32 minutes of hell type team!!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com