TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Oh well, that makes 3, we're half way there

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oh well, that makes 3, we're half way there
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-17-2023 07:37 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, half way to 6 wins. Shouldn't be too hard to reach 6. Now 7-9 is another story. Davis fiddled for a large part of the game and he broke a couple for TD's lat. How will he fare from here on in? We could say that for a bunch of this team. How will we fare against the SEC? For 9 wins we'll have to go 5-3 against the SEC and also beat Louisville. We know if we play like we have we'll be lucky to split 4-4 with the SEC. Unless we get a lot better 6 or 7 wins may be it for us. Hope these guys have been holding back on us.
Posts: 14242 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 09-18-2023 06:08 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The power was out at my house Sat night. I got to listen to the game on the radio. Power came back on around 12:30.

The only highlight I've seen is the Leary Scramble/escape TD PASS to Davis.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124043 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 09-18-2023 11:50 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As it was last year, our offensive line seems to be the weak spot. It just isn't dominating the line of scrimmage like we had gotten used to during the "Big Blue Wall" years.

Protecting the QB and opening holes are essential for a good offense. If they are sporadic at best at those, then we are in for a long, sad season.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13656 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 09-18-2023 11:52 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I DO like the new passing game, though. The tight-ends are a huge part of it, which has been a missing element since the early 2000s. And, when given space, our RBs can break tackles and get yards. Just gotta give 'em a good hole and a block or two...

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13656 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 09-18-2023 02:04 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For some reason, I just was not impressed with a fairly easy win. May be just me.
Posts: 5445 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-18-2023 08:47 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, not just you. I had something else worse in mind to say after 3/4, but they picked it up enough I didn't think it warranted my other comments. But this will be a season on the edge. Edge of what I don't really know at this point. Probably a little bit of heartbreak and a few I told you sos.
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 09-19-2023 01:33 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The slow pace of play is hard to watch,59 plays A game is almost dead last in all of football. running the play clock down to two or three seconds is not what I thought of when Liam Chen returned as offensive coordinator. I only see six wins and thats iffy. Brohm has gotten Louisville playing better.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9879 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-19-2023 04:08 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He's right on about one thing. If you don't let the other team get the ball they can't score. Sure path for a victory....... that is if you can score. [Wink] [Confused]

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com