TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Ho hum

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ho hum
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-26-2022 10:05 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just another ho hum game as I see it. It's hard to get excited over a UK football game. every time they get something going a play is called that ends their drive. They left 20 points on the field today. Oh well we now wait to see if they get more than Nashville, Memphis or Charlotte. It's hard for them to qualify for a bowl down where it will be warm.
Posts: 14111 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-27-2022 07:18 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did we lose yesterday?

I would have sworn we won easily against a pretty decent team.

I was excited about that, but that’s just me.

[ 11-27-2022, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 11-27-2022 07:34 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm happy Handycat. I thought it was a complete game, offensively, defensively and special teams all played really well.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 11-27-2022 08:51 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Vandy game was the nadir of the season. We played waaaay better than I expected against the number one team in the nation last week, and played a solid game yesterday.

Just wish we had figured out things a lot earlier in the season. But our ground game and passing game were not limited by the skill positions; it was the offensive line. Once they finally got the zone blocking scheme down, the offense roared to life. Recently, penalties have been drive-busters for us.

Defense has been solid all year long. We are 3rd in the SEC in yards allowed... and top 10 nationwide. Loved the pass rush yesterday!

Special teams finally found some pride and played well. We needed those FGs!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13590 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-27-2022 05:37 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's the good points. But there were a lot of bad points also. We failed to sustain a drive to the end zone at least 6 times. A team that should have been 10-2 has no problem explaining why they ended 7-5. Louisville was supposed to be ranked #25 yesterday? Good luck with that.
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-27-2022 06:40 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
2 of our losses we were without our starting QB. I hate to say it but we might have a hard time replacing Will next season. He made things happen a lot of times that I'm not sure his replacement will be able too!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123851 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-27-2022 06:44 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd say someone is going to have to get awful good in a short time. I haven't seen anyone on there that is SEC QB material yet.
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 11-27-2022 06:58 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe we find one in the transfer portal. Hopefully we will also get an OC and maybe an O Line coach.
Posts: 5395 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-28-2022 10:06 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There were a lot of questionable calls at certain times during the games.
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 11-28-2022 04:20 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UK will not be able to replace Levis. What he did this year with that so-called offensive line, which led to his injuries is simply amazing.

I think Levis is the #1 pick in the NFL draft. I would take him way ahead of Bryce Young or CJ Stroud, put Levis on either of those teams and he wins the Heisman in a runaway.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11513 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-28-2022 08:18 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Altimeter from Ole Miss is entering the portal. No idea how good he is, he was a 4 star coming out of high school and I think he has 3 years of eligibility left.

https://www.si.com/college/olemiss/football/ole-miss-qb-luke-altmyer-to-enter-tra nsfer-portal

One that I would really like to see us pursue is Cade McNamara from Michigan. I believe he started every game last year for a good Michigan team. He was beat out this year by some incoming hot shot. I believe he has at least two years left.

https://www.cbssports .com/college-football/news/cade-mcnamara-enters-transfer-portal-ex-michigan-starting-qb-exploring-options-after-losing-role-in-2022/

I agree with Trey, very unlikely to replace Levi’s with similar ability.

I also agree about our offensive line. We may need help there more than at Quarterback. I think quality QB’s are going to take that into consideration before coming to UK.

[ 11-28-2022, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 11-29-2022 06:48 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Our O-line finally gelled at the end of the season. Figuring out the zone blocking scheme took a long, long time.

Levis is a stud. With a good o-line, he could have racked up some serious yardage through the air. And, had he not been injured, he could have run the ball effectivelty too. We will definitely miss that guy.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13590 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com