TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » AP rankings.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: AP rankings.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 09-11-2022 06:32 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We’re at #9! Not too shabby!

Georgia jumps over Bama to #1.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ap-top-25-poll-georgia-jumps-alabama-for-no-1-as-kentucky-soars-in-college-football-rankings/

Posts: 5400 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 09-11-2022 07:21 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see us in a couple more games before I'm ready to see us that high!

Our defense played really well last night, our offense played in spurts!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123985 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-11-2022 08:43 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looks like a whole lot of voters have drank the KOOL-AID but so far I don't care for the taste of it. In two weeks rime this season has everyone bamboozled and the rankings are a little mixed up from where they will be at the end ofa dozen weeks. But I don't blame them for being a little mixed up.

To start with I don't really believe Florida is a top 25 team, yet. First of all I got very tired of the one announcer for the game that tried the whole game to make excuses for the Florida QB. To be on a top 25 team he showed me less than an adequate ability. There was absolutely no accuracy in his passes from beginning to end. Bur maybe it was UK's defense that made him look bad??? I'm not so sure he will ever be what is referred to as a TOP QB.

Without his help UK could have easily lost this game. Our two picks were passes that weren't even close to being caught by Florida.

Personally, I think we are being ranked over outr heads at this point strictly by who we have played. I hope our two next games against directional schools help us get better on the offensive side of the ball and we learn how ro sustain our drives to the end zone.

After that, games against Ole Miss and Miss St will tell the story of whether we or they are the real deal. I am betting there will be a lot of top 25 upsets in the next 4 weeks with the teams they have ranked there.

Does this weeks action lean toward verifying we might win 10 games, or more in the season before bowl games? It would be a great dream and hope for us to cling to but I think I'm gonna wait for the results of the next 5 games before I get to thinking about having a 10-2 season.

Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 09-11-2022 09:19 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think we are firmly in the top 4 in the SEC right now; how that translates into natinal rankings is uncertain. Number nine feels too high, but when you look around, it may well be right.

Look at this last weekend. Marshall upset Notre Dame. Bama barely beat Texas. UK goes into the Swamp missing our best running backs and with deep questions about the left side of our offensive line, and convincingly beats Florida, piling up 100 yards on the ground in the second half.

The only team that looks truly dominant is Georgia, who looks almost NFL-quality. The rest of us will fight for runner-up. And UK is in the fight until proven otherwise.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13622 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 09-11-2022 09:49 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think we are a top ten team.

That’s all I’ve got to say about that.

[ 09-11-2022, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 09-12-2022 11:49 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Coaches poll has them at #10.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/rankings/coaches/

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 09-12-2022 12:18 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why not Kentucky? They play a hard nose bring your lunch pail kind of football. If any team has their coaches identity it's Kentucky. It may not be flashy but I'll take it. Somebody has to be ranked 10th may as well be us. GO BIG BLUE!!!

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9785 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-12-2022 12:54 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am excited over what I have seen us accomplish with what we currently have available to us. But not overly excited after watching them for 8 seasons right down on the edge of the field.

My biggest question right now is why the NCAA controls CRods playing. I'm starting to believe there is more to this situation than a DUI. I don't remember a situation like this happening before. The school is usually responsible for discipline of their players. This is why Stoops keeps quiet and says there is more people involved in this than him.

Hope we can score in the 40's the next two games to stay entrnched in the top 10.

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 09-12-2022 01:24 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IMO (what i have heard) It is more than a dui why C-rod is not playing. The ncaa has to clear both players involved - J-Wright last week and hopefully soon for the other one. Not a school issue but an ncaa issue involving summer time employment last yr or so I hear. Of course I could be entirely wrong.

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 09-13-2022 03:04 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Word on the street is the C-Rod falsified some time cards for a job he had making it look like he was getting paid to be a football player not an employee or in an NIL deal. This is why the NCAA was involved.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2255 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-13-2022 07:02 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Figured as much. Thought what was being done could be written off as NIL and it wasn't.
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 09-14-2022 07:21 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
By doing something stupid he (probably) cost himself a chance to be a leader in the record books at UK a long long time.

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 09-14-2022 03:22 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...and he may cost us a great season. He would have made a difference on several drives that we came up short on, or settled for a FG instead of a TD.

We have some good backs, but he is a difference maker.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13622 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com