TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » As disappointing as that loss was...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: As disappointing as that loss was...
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 10-17-2021 12:11 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...there are several very good signs that came from it.

(1) Our offense scored twice as many touchdowns as Georgia's first six opponents combined.

(2) We handily beat the spread.

(3) Even with our run game, our bread-and-butter, completely stifled, and playing with B-grade receivers, we stayed in the game and dominated time of possession with our passing game. THAT is refreshing and gives me great hope.

I think 11-1 is still quite possible. I am a believer in this team. If we can stay healthy, we have the tools to win out and snag a great bowl game. We have a bye week to recover and refocus. Clearly, we have to figure out how to protect our kicks from being blocked. And we need to develop our receivers, because we have a QB that can deliver the ball. This is a really, really good football team, probably the best in all the years I have been a fan (1979 onward, including some really good Claiborne-coached teams).

[ 10-17-2021, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13590 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 10-17-2021 12:31 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree. This a good football team and that loss was nothing to be embarrassed about. The best team won but, IMO, we are a legit top 10 team. I will be disappointed if we drop in the polls but it will probably happen.
Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 10-17-2021 05:41 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We did drop in the polls but not as far as I expected. Besides, these polls are not the ones that count.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2225 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 10-17-2021 07:57 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good to see you posting, Handy. I hope all is well with you and your family!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13590 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 10-17-2021 08:12 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks Tip! I just needed a break from “all” social media for a while. All is well except I’ve developed chronic jock itch.

Besides, you guys would be lost without me around interpreting the upcoming basketball ball season for you.

[ 10-17-2021, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-17-2021 09:27 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If anyone would have said 6-1 after seven games and ranked 15th in the nation before the season started we all would have taken it. We do need better receivers.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com