TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Top 25

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Top 25
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 09-14-2021 03:32 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Do you guys believe that UK should be ranked, and which team is the most overrated so far?

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 09-14-2021 06:59 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UK cracked the top 25 in both the ESPN and CBS power rankings. In the CBS list, we are ahead of Auburn and Michigan.

Feels about right, if we can stabilize the defense, and make fewer mistakes on offense.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13590 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 09-14-2021 07:16 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cool, the only one I seen was the AP.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-15-2021 12:10 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think we will have a decent season but will have a hard time holding on to the 25 rating,

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 09-18-2021 07:36 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The way we played football today, I'm pretty sure we don't deserve to be in the top 25.

We're going to have to really clean up our game if we even want to compete with the likes of Florida. They played very respectable against Bama today!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123854 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 09-18-2021 09:27 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was kind of upset that we weren’t getting much respect in the polls until today’s game. We got outplayed on both sides of the ball, but were bailed out by the pick 6. I’m hoping we can improve our dline play because it has been pretty pedestrian thus far.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-18-2021 10:09 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
View from the end zone. Here again with that up close, up tight (minus the alcohol) and right from the 0 yard line.

Wow! and we thought we should be in the top 25? Not today we don't belong there. Everything the coach said prior to the game that we need to be aware of was what they showed us today. We were not ready to play at all. No running game from a team that was boasting a runner that could be the best in the SEC? No way. At least not without some holes opening up in the offensive line. Did our line open up a hole today for CRod at anytime? Maybe that's why this Chatahoochy team had a better rushing total than us. How many times did our defensive line get to their QB?

Let's just say that those outstanding linemen we thought we had, took a big vacation today. If this team plays this bad next week at SC we will have our first SEC loss of the year. Which will probably be followed FL, LSU and GA losses for a 3-4 record. This could be a 5-7 season, with no bowl if we're really as bad as we looked today. Is Stoops really the man for the job, or is he good at blowing smoke? Time will tell, but how much time? [Confused]

[ 09-19-2021, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Posts: 14111 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 09-19-2021 03:43 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What we are seeing is a new offensive scheme that requires a completely different offensive line playbook than they are used to.

In this case, having a veteran o-line isn't as much of an advantage; they are starting anew. But, they ARE good, and smart, and will learn the new scheme. The new outside-oriented run game will allow us to feature Smoke more running to the edges, and will open up the short passing game over the middle for our tight ends. In addition, it should allow our WRs to block on those edge runs, as well as slip behind the defense on play action situations.

Give it time. I am less concerned about our offense at this point than I am our defense. As pointed out, our D-line isn't getting much penetration, and we aren't really pressuring the QB as much as I would have expected. And it seems that our LBs and corners are playing waaay behind the LOS.

In other words, we are not playing an attacking defense, it is very "prevent" minded. Not sure I like that change.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13590 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 09-19-2021 06:34 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We moved up in both polls even after that performance. We are now 27 in the coaches poll and around 37 in the AP.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2225 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 09-19-2021 08:36 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not to make an excuse for Saturday because there aren't any, Tom and Jeff were talking about the fact that 6 or 7 of the Moc's players were 7 year players. That would make some of the men on the other side of the ball 25 years old with 6 years of college experience! UTC is not a terrible team that returned every single starter from last years team. A hand full of 6 year players and 5-6 seven year players on their roster!

It may very well have been a good wake up call for our Cats to bring them back down to earth!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-19-2021 09:31 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am hoping this game wakes us up and realize how much more work it's going to take to make us competitive in league play.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 09-20-2021 04:33 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's not going to be easy as we are traveling to Columbia for our first road game of the year!

We'll have to drown out the crowd noise and play the game that we know how to play!

--------------------

GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 09-20-2021 08:03 AM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The UTC game was a classic trap game. It came on the heels of high emotion, rivalry game against Missouri and was against an opponent that we can easily overlook. Even Liam Coen said he overlooked them by thinking they could go to a pass heavy attack to rest CRod. He had no alternative game plans for the adjustments that UTC would make.

There is no excuse, but I can see how we got where we were.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2225 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 09-20-2021 01:06 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have been watching/listening to UK football for over 60 yrs and HOW they could OVERLOOK ANYONE is one for the ages..

We all know that KY can and HAS lost to a bunch of pansies in the past and how KY thinks they can "overlook" anyone is a joke!

How stupid!!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com