TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » QB battle will not be a quick decision

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: QB battle will not be a quick decision
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-08-2021 10:31 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With fall camp officially starting, media members from across the state got a chance to talk with Mark Stoops on Friday ahead of one of the most anticipated fall camps of his time in Lexington.

One question all media members wanted an answer to was the same one fans want to know: Who will be the Kentucky Wildcats’ starting quarterback? Or better yet, when will one be announced as the starter?

Stoops had this to say in response to when a starting quarterback will be named:

“You know, through the years you’ve heard me answer this, and I bet I’ve answered it the same way. It’s more important to get it right than to be in a hurry,” Stoops said Friday. “Is there a benefit? Yes, I believe there is. There’s a benefit to getting reps. That’s part of the negative to having a lot of talented players at any position, but it seems like it’s obviously much easier to rotate guys in throughout practice and preseason at other spots than quarterback. We do feel like there is quality depth maybe for the first time. You go all the way down and have four or five guys that you feel confident that could play football at this level, and getting them reps is a concern, and we will work that as best we can.”

With five scholarship QB’s on the roster in Will Levis, Joey Gatewood, Beau Allen, Nik Scalzo, and Kaiya Sheron fans should be ecstatic about the depth the position room has to offer. Now it’s just getting one of the players to produce at a decent clip to make this team dangerous.

Link

[ 08-08-2021, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 08-09-2021 03:30 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I sure would like to see Beau Allen win the starting quarterback position.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9793 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 08-09-2021 06:30 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I watched some video of Levis. He gets the ball our of there in a hurry. He even grabbed up a fumbled snap and had it in the receivers hands in 3-4 seconds, DOWNFIELD!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123988 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 08-17-2021 05:51 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looks like it's Will Levis. MARK STOOPS NAMES WILL LEVIS STARTING QB
Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 08-17-2021 10:03 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That was surprisingly fast. He must be head-and-shoulders better than the competition!

But, honestly, since Cohen brought him over from Penn State, I am not too surprised. He was the chosen one.

[ 08-17-2021, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com