TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Terry Wilson returning for 2021 and entering transfer portal

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Terry Wilson returning for 2021 and entering transfer portal
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-04-2021 09:18 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Terry Wilson is returning for another season of college football, though not with the Kentucky Wildcats.

Wilson made a surprising announcement Monday that he’ll enter the transfer portal and return for the 2021 season.

Wilson, a fifth-year senior in 2020, will use the NCAA eligibility relief ruling to get an extra season to play out next fall. He had previously said 2020 would be his final season, but he apparently feels there’s still more to accomplish at the collegiate level.

Since arriving in 2018 as a highly-touted junior college recruit, Wilson has completed 336/517 passes (65%) for 3440 yards 6.7 (avg.) with 20 touchdowns vs. 12 interceptions in 25 games, good for a 129.0 passer rating. He also ran 256 times for 1015 yards (4.0 avg.) and 10 scores.

Among the biggest wins Wilson had as a starter include at Florida in 2018, the Citrus Bowl vs. Penn State, at Tennessee this past season, Saturday’s Gator Bowl vs. NC State, and the 56-10 annihilation of Louisville in 2018. He finished his career 17-8 as a starter and was only the second UK QB to ever win at Florida and at Tennessee.

Kentucky was never expecting Wilson to come back and planned on having Joey Gatewood and Beau Allen battle for the starting spot next season, so this news really doesn’t affect them at all.

Though his play was erratic, Wilson accomplished a lot during his three years in Lexington while helping the program reach heights not seen in decades.

Thanks for the memories!

Link

[ 01-05-2021, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-04-2021 11:32 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Those numbers are truly surprising. I had no idea he had amassed so many passing yards, nor had such a high QB rating.

It sure would be hard to guess looking at him play. His passes have been off-target way too many times. Did he really complete 65% of them?

I always cringed when we had a pass play. I guess I never really appreciated his arm. Silly me!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13590 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-05-2021 04:53 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jet sweeps count as passes too. Ali had a minimum of 4 of them in the Gator bowl Saturday.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123952 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-05-2021 09:17 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He sees the writing on the wall. At the next level he will not make a pro team. He flat out can't pass anything but the inside 10 yard stuff. Maybe he thinks he can play for another team as a runner, a wide out or a returner. He can run and that's about the only thing he could possibly do iin the NFL. But he won't get drafted and I'm not sure he can make a team.
Posts: 14112 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 01-06-2021 09:30 AM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Those numbers don’t tell the whole story. How many games did he pass for over 200 yards this year? He didn’t even pass for 100 yards in the bowl game. I appreciate the victories we got with him at QB, but I won’t be sad to see him transfer. He was “serviceable” as our QB, but he certainly isn’t irreplaceable. Teams definitely didn’t have to fear our passing attack with him at QB and we were seriously one dimensional this year on offense. I think Gatewood or Allen can do just as good next year. Time will tell. Thanks Terry, and hope you succeed in life.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com