TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Ali talks upcoming decision on returning to UK or going pro

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ali talks upcoming decision on returning to UK or going pro
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-31-2020 01:02 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Kentucky Wildcats’ top wideout this season could be a candidate to use the extra year of eligibility granted by the NCAA.

However, we’ll be waiting for around another week until Ali announces where he’ll be in 2021.

Ali took the podium Tuesday afternoon as the Cats prepare for the Gator Bowl this Saturday, and he was asked about the next step in his football career.

“I’ll be answering that after the bowl game. I’m just worried about the bowl game for right now.”

Ali was then asked for his thoughts on new offensive coordinator Liam Coen being added to the staff.

“I’m very excited. It’s always good to have a new start, a fresh start,” Ali said. “He’s coming in from the NFL, so that’s really exciting. I’m just excited about the things he’s bringing to this offense and I’m excited to learn some new things.”

This quote sounds a lot more promising on the chances of seeing Ali back in Lexington. If he does decide to return, it will be a huge early win for Coen and this new offensive staff.

A position room that got its fair share of critique this season definitely could benefit from returning its top pass-catcher from this past season, especially with all the new faces brought into that room in this recruiting class. Beau Allen and Joey Gatewood probably wouldn’t mind to see Ali out there catching passes next season as well.

This season Ali has recorded career-highs in catches (49) and receiving yards (462) to go with a touchdown grab.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com