TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Gatewood impressing in bowl game practices

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gatewood impressing in bowl game practices
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-31-2020 12:59 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With three days before the Kentucky Wildcats kick off their fifth straight bowl game under Mark Stoops, the team has been getting in much needed practices preparing for a ranked North Carolina State squad.

Terry Wilson will be the starter against the Wolfpack, but Mark Stoops said he hopes to utilize all three quarterbacks this Saturday. One quarterback that has been turning heads going into the Gator Bowl is Joey Gatewood, says Vince Marrow.

Marrow spoke on Stoops’ radio call-in show:

“The guy that’s really been playing well the last couple practices is Joey Gatewood. I think all three of them (QBs), when there’s change, sometimes it can be worse or it can be good. I think (offensive analyst) Mark Perry has done a real good job with those guys, along with (other coaches). We’re simplifying things, but they’ve still got to make the throws and manage the offense, and I’ve been impressed with them.”

“Joey has really been impressing me,” Marrow said following Tuesday’s practice. “I said this on the radio show (Monday) night, Joey Gatewood has been really impressing not just me, but a lot of people on our staff. Terry is Terry, he’s actually been looking really good, but Joey has really looked good. That’ll be a Coach Stoops decision with this bowl game, I know he wants to play all three quarterbacks.”

It’s good to hear that Gatewood has looked supposedly been looking like the Gatewood that we all thought Kentucky was getting. Playing in a limited number of snaps, we didn’t get to see a lot of what Gatewood had to offer.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-31-2020 01:06 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Everyone knows the best player on any football team is the backup quarterback! [Wink]

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123969 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com