TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Who wins the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who wins the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl?
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-30-2020 03:57 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
After an up-and-down, COVID-infected, SEC-only 2020 football schedule, the Kentucky Wildcats find themselves headed to the 2021 TaxSlayer Gator Bowl this weekend. The 4-6 Wildcats will take on the 8-3 NC State Wolfpack.

Playing a conference-only schedule certainly played a role in Kentucky’s first sub-.500 season since 2015. Even so, the Cats were just a few plays from a winning record. And now, they find themselves looking to win their third consecutive bowl game under Mark Stoops.

It is important to note that four of Kentucky’s six losses were to teams that finished in the top eight of the College Football Playoff ranking. Falling to the likes of Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and Auburn is nothing to scoff at, and there were certainly encouraging moments for the Cats throughout the season.

The Wolfpack only lost to ranked teams as well, including Miami, North Carolina, and Virginia Tech (who Kentucky beat in the Belk Bowl last year). Their most notable wins came against Liberty, Pitt, and the shell of a team formerly known as Florida State. NC State has a strong passing attack, a balanced and deep running game, and the ACC’s leading tackler in Payton Wilson.

As far as we know, both teams will have mostly complete rosters at kickoff on Saturday. The Wildcats will look to add to their two game bowl winning streak, and the Wolfpack will be looking to bounce back from the loss in their most recent bowl game, the 2018 Gator Bowl.

So will the Wildcats be able to wrap the year up with a win? Or will this brutal season end with a loss at the hands of the Wolfpack?

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 12-30-2020 07:03 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess the SEC angle carries more weight than I realized. The Cats are a 2.5 point favorite. Go figure. I do hope we win, but I’d have to give the edge to NC state. They seem to have a solid team and our offense can be anemic at times. Go Big Blue!

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 12-31-2020 01:26 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is Gran still the OC for the bowl game? Or is the new guy "it" now?

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13592 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 12-31-2020 09:08 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gran is out,and the new guy dosen't join the team until after the Rams finish up the NFL season. Coach Marrow will be calling the plays.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com