TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Florida vs Kentucky Prediction, Game Preview

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Florida vs Kentucky Prediction, Game Preview
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-25-2020 03:32 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why Kentucky Will Win
Kentucky has to do the Vanderbilt plan against the Gators, only better.

The Florida offense eventually got rolling in the 38-17 win over the Commodores, but Vanderbilt was able to get enough with the passing game to start out hot, and it hung around by converting on enough third downs to keep the game in range.

Kentucky does that better than anyone in the SEC. When things are working, the special teams are great, they win the turnover battle, and the secondary comes up with key stops – the Wildcats lead the SEC in pass defense.

The Cats have to keep this from getting out of hand, and then – unlike Vanderbilt – score in the second half to keep the pressure on. Also unlike Vanderbilt, UK has to win the time of possession battle. However …

Why Florida Will Win
The Kentucky offense isn’t working.

It’s a bit by design as UK likes to slow things down and control the tempo, but disrupt that in any way, and it’s over.

Alabama didn’t play all that well. It misfired on a few too many passes against Kentucky, it wasn’t a smooth performance, and …

Alabama 63, Kentucky 3. It turned into a glorified live scrimmage against a Wildcat offense that couldn’t move the ball a lick, finishing with just 179 yards of total offense.

The Florida defense isn’t all that great, the secondary allows way too many big plays, and it struggles to put games away to make them true laughers.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 11-25-2020 03:57 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would love to see us come out passing more, a LOT more, than usual. That would put more pressure on Florida's defense, and open up opportunities for some big run plays.

But, I suspect that it just won't happen. Gran will ensure we end up losing by 20+

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13625 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-26-2020 08:30 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm just curious as to how many players you have out for Corona Virus? We had 16 miss last week including 5 starters I'm hearing we currently have 10 out.
How many players out did teams like Florida or Bama have before they said we aren't traveling. I'm sure there's was based more on KEY players that were important for them to win the game.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123987 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-26-2020 12:50 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Of course all of our players are important to win the game. We showed what happens when we have some key people missing last week. Don't think we have a chance of beating them. Looks like a 4-6 season to me, if we can win the final game.
Posts: 14165 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 11-26-2020 01:45 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Mark Stoops said Wednesday evening that Kentucky will be without 18 players and 10 staff members due to injuries and COVID-19 contact tracing. The Wildcats will have one more test before they board a plane to Florida on Friday. The game is in danger of being postponed based on those test results."

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-26-2020 07:50 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can't see how they can play the game with the 18 players with the virus and maybe even more by game time.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com