TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Kentucky vs. Georgia game glance

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kentucky vs. Georgia game glance
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-26-2020 11:23 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Due to the recent scheduling changes the Georgia Bulldogs, a top-ten team in America, will now make their way to Kroger Field for a noon battle on Halloween day. The game will be aired on the Sec Network or as always you can catch Tom Leach on the call by listening to 630 WLAP on iHeart.

There would be a heck of a lot more on the line if the Cats could have taken care of business against Missouri.

Instead, the mindset now shifts to avoiding panic and figuring out what to do offensively, so maybe, just maybe, UK can find a way to hang tight with Georgia at home on Saturday.

Link

[ 10-26-2020, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-26-2020 01:24 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If we stay less than 14 points from them it would be a pleasant surprise for me. I am just guessing the score will be somewhere around 42-24. It's going to be a long day starting at 7:30 AM for me and not ending till around 5:00 PM when I get home. Praying for no rain and a temp around at least 60 degrees. And then the remaining 2 home games with Vandy and SC I hope are victories. Not real excited about going to AL and FL. This is probably going to be the worst season since I started 7 years ago.
Posts: 14111 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-26-2020 02:35 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If we play the way we played sat, we won't win another game.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-26-2020 05:09 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you take away the Old Miss game (a 6a h.s. team could score on them) the "offense" has scored a total of 6 td's this year. Defense scored or gave them possession in the red zone most of the time this year! Our offense has to be one of the worst of all time !

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 10-26-2020 06:10 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We sure got hosed. Mizzou with a bye before their game with us and now UGA the same thing. Like we need teams to have an advantage in playing us.
It was encouraging to hear Stoops admit that he knew we were flat prior to the game and he tried some different things to wake them up, but it didn’t work.
We can’t forget the UT victory was special and left these guys ripe for a letdown. Unfortunately, our QB and WR’s have stunk the entire season and that can’t be blamed on UT.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 10-27-2020 12:32 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am puzzled by this year's offense. I honestly didn't expect Wilson to break any passing records, but I DID expect him to open the field up both laterally and deep with his passing skills. Ali has been a good receiver, and it is a nice to see pass plays for the tight end.

BUT... other than that last TD pass against Mizzou, we have NOT been able to stretch the field vertically. And our little out-passes or attempts at screen plays have been, well, ineffective. So, we are back to our supposed strength... our running game.

But man oh man, what happened to THAT? Teams have been stacking the box and running man coverage on our receivers, and that has just killed our offensive production.
You are right... our defense with their takeaways and pick-sixes has been our best weapon. Next best: Our punter, who is superb.

But, our offense has simply been thwarted.

I KNOW we can run the ball with our personnel -- Rose, Smoke, and Rodriguez are all good backs, and Wilson can pull it in and run too. Our o-line is a veteran unit that has proven itself over the past two years to be one of the best in the nation... until now.

My humble opinion is that we need to get Wilson to check down on his receivers more effectively (he has missed so many open guys that even I get frustrated). And we need our tight-ends to block and get open in the flat for a dump off if Wilson needs to adjust a running play or if his deep receivers are well covered. At least that will check the opponents from rushing and stacking the box...somebody needs to shadow the tight ends. If we can pose a credible threat in the short passing game AND throw the occasional long ball, our running game should look a LOT better.

It seems to me that our o-line seems is opening some holes, but our backs are getting stood up once they get through the hole. The opponents are keeping their linebackers close and even bringing the safety up to help stuff the run. That means the passing game should work... especially the short pass to the outside once our WRs draw the defensive backs deep.

The pieces are there, but they are not executing any of them well. I hope we can fix this by Saturday. We DON'T need new plays -- just execute what we have now. Focus, attention to fundamentals, and a strong desire to humiliate your opponent will do the trick. [Smile]

[ 10-27-2020, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13590 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com