TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » The here and now.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The here and now.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-16-2020 08:59 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, it is actually upon us. UK is having its virtual orientation for all game day workers today at 7:00 PM on line. I will find out how the 12,000 spectators will change how I do my job. Since I work in the middle of the students and family sections I'm wondering how I will have to monitor everyone for a mask and how it will look in the stands with vacant seats between most people. What about the concessions? Will some of their sales be curtailed? Will they still give us a food coupon to use? Will the workers numbers be cut along with the spectator numbers? This should be a very interesting virtual meeting. Hope they answer most of these questions so we don't have to ask them at the end.
Posts: 14119 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 09-16-2020 11:35 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope you get to work as much as you want this year... it promises to be a lot of fun to watch! If I can get down for a game, let's coordinate so we can say "hi".

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13592 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-16-2020 02:32 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Will do that.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 09-16-2020 09:25 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I envy you Bama. Hope you have a good year.
Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-17-2020 09:25 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, this year looks to be somewhat of a drag. Instead of driving to a church parking lot and getting a ride to the stadium we have to park in one of two parking garage and WALK to the stadium. This old almost 80 year old may regret he didn't retire this year. There will be no food ticket of $9.00 to eat a snack during my 6-7 hour shift. This is where they are saving some of the money they won't be getting. They may decide to save more money by not having us report 3 hours before kick off. We are supposed to sign in and go directly to our point of work and not mill around in groups. They said we will get back to normal next year. I fear I will decide not to get back to normal as I watch the games on TV next season. We had a 1 hour Zoom call last night to cover all these changes.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com