TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Kentucky lands Australian punter Wilson Berry

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kentucky lands Australian punter Wilson Berry
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-18-2020 05:13 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Max Duffy is a legendary Kentucky punter and he is still walking around campus. Mark Stoops has been good and plucking talent from Australia before, and it looks like he has struck again.

On Monday, Australian punter Wilson Berry committed to play for the Kentucky Wildcats

Berry will be in the class of 2021, but has no official ranking or star rating. His brother, Jordan Berry, is the current punter for the Pittsburgh Steelers. And he is coming to Kentucky from the same program as Max Duffy, Prokick Australia of Melbourne.

It is fairly mind-boggling that more programs in America have not taken advantage of international athletes in the kicking game. It feels like the Alabama Crimson Tide could pick any guy at the airport in Australia that would kick better than anyone on their current roster.

“Excited to announce I have committed to the University of Kentucky starting 2021,” Berry said in his announcement on Twitter. “Indebted to the outstanding tutelage and guidance by Nathan Chapman and John Smith of Prokick Australia. Grateful to Coach Louie Matsakis for the opportunity to be a Kentucky Wildcats. Thanks to Max Duffy and Jordan Berry for their help and local knowledge. Impossible without the support of my family, friends and everyone that has impacted my development along the journey. Impossible without the support of my family, friends, and everyone that has impacted my development along the journey.”

Kentucky’s Max Duffy endorsed Berry’s decision, and tried to prepare him for the slew of kangaroo questions he will receive.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-26-2020 03:32 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't end being one of our best punters of all time.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com