TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Football will open regular season on a Thursday vs. Eastern Michigan

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Football will open regular season on a Thursday vs. Eastern Michigan
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-16-2020 05:29 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Kentucky Wildcats will begin their 2020 college football season on Thursday, Sept. 3rd vs. Eastern Michigan, the school announced Tuesday. It will be on the SEC Network, though a kickoff time will be announced at a later date.

Previously this game was set to take place on the first full Saturday of the new season, but the school opted to move the date due to the Kentucky Derby being postponed until Sept. 5th due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

Few, if any schools in Kentucky will attempt to compete with the Derby for attention and fan attendance (if that’s a thing this season), Recently, Western Kentucky announced its regular-season opener was being moved to Sept. 3rd as well.

This will be the third all-time meeting with Eastern Michigan of the Mid-American Conference. UK is 2-0 all-time vs. Eagles, winning at Kroger Field in 2017 and 2019.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 06-17-2020 10:30 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Football on Thursday and the Derby on Saturday. I like that.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9787 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-17-2020 10:35 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Uh oh. There goes my Madison county Veterans Meeting scheduled for the first Thursday of each month. That is if we do have fans in the stands, otherwise I may be out of a Game Day job.
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com