TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » UK could make some noise next season

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UK could make some noise next season
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-25-2020 04:57 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It’s only January and people are genuinely excited about the return of Kentucky Football.

Mark Stoops and his staff have taken the program to an unprecedented level of success, and the buzz around UK football continues to grow, even outside of the Bluegrass.

There have been some laughable early preseason college football polls released over the past few weeks. Many of them giving little to no mention of Kentucky’s chances to make some noise in the SEC East.

But finally, the Cats are getting some love from the national media.

Dennis Dodd of CBS Sports wrote an article detailing five teams that he believes will have a chance to break into the top 25 and make their mark on the 2020 season.

or other college football fans to get a glimpse of what’s in store at Kentucky this fall. There will be some experienced talent returning to Lexington next season, including firepower on the offensive side of the ball.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-25-2020 05:08 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Many prognosticators are saying we go 6-6 next season.
Now I'm not really a betting man, but if I was, I'd probably take that bet!

I don't know why 7-5 or 8-4 isn't possible again next year!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 01-25-2020 05:56 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
All the ingredients are there for a run at the SEC east. We have good experience at every position. Why not Kentucky?

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-26-2020 01:12 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I fully agree. We're returning 15-16 starters off of last years team, redshirted every single freshman off last years team, 18th best recruiting class in the nation. WHY NOT KENTUCKY?

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2020 07:12 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like 8-4 if things go our way.

[ 01-28-2020, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-26-2020 08:50 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We have to hope that the injury bug won't hit us next season like it did this one!

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-27-2020 02:23 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We pick up Auburn next year, and start that series AT Auburn... not an easy game by any stretch of the imagination. We get Georgia at home, but travel to the Swamp to play Florida and have to hear that damn "Rocky Top" song down in Knoxville. The other SEC game we play away is at Missouri. South Carolina, Vandy, and Mississippi State are home games. We end the season playing at Louisville.

The full schedule is here:

https://ukathletics.com/sports/football/schedule/2020

Neither Eastern Michigan nor Kent State will be pushovers, so we cannot overlook them. I think Eastern Illinois should be the only patsy (replaces Tennessee-Martin).

Looking at the SEC, on paper, we should beat South Carolina, Mississippi State, and Vandy at home, and Missouri on the road. We have low odds of winning at Auburn, at Florida, and at home versus Georgia. That puts us at 4-3 in the SEC, and 3-2 in the SEC East.

In my mind, the 'swing games' are at Tennessee, and at Louisville. If we can pull both of those off, and take care of business in the others, we could finish 9-3 overall, 5-3 in the SEC, and 4-2 in the SEC East. Good enough to win the division? Probably not. But certainly "moving on up"!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13592 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-30-2020 12:23 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Auburn will be tough no doubt about it especially at home. Their home record this past season was 6-1.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-31-2020 04:57 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I wouldn't mind seeing them go 6-2 at home by the time Saturday comes to a close!

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-31-2020 07:54 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Are we still talking football, or have we switched to basketball?

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-31-2020 06:53 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When you have both football and basketball looking pretty good it's hard not to talk about both sports. However it's basketball season now and most all the talk has turned to basketball.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-01-2020 02:14 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry Norm, I guess we did change directions in midstream, didn't we? [Roll Eyes] [Confused]

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-01-2020 04:42 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not a problem. I just had a moment of confusion. It's happening more often lately!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-01-2020 09:06 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's OK, our church belongs to an association of about 12 different churches. Today our church hosted a brotherhood breakfast and I couldn't remember half the names of the men who were in attendance. I recognize every face and half of their names!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-02-2020 06:32 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MH, it's a sign of getting older and I can tell you from experience it doesn't get any better.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com